By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You are a FF fan, and you own a Wii...

c0rd said:
Pristine20 said:
Well, I think if you're a real fan, you'll buy whatever console the game came to. That's what fans do. If you won't, you're just someone who enjoys him some FF not a fan.

For example, I consider myself an FF and SMT fan. I'd have to buy whatever consoles they went to. luckily for me, they've stuck with my favorite line of consoles so far

Blah, no way. I didn't buy a PS1 just for the FF's that came on it, and I'll be damned if those kids introduced by FF7 are considered more "real" fans than me. Most of them haven't even played the older ones...

Oh, and glad to hear that about SMT. There's a console out there you may need to end up purchasing

Hopefully SMT will stick to ps2 but even if Atlus shifts to wii, I'm still in luck because there is a wii in my home as well...I'm just not the "owner" thats why I don't mention it. I hpoe not though because I abhor the wii's controller. Guess I could just buy a classic

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

i doubt that 13 port and the ff spinoffs aare never as good as the main series

Soriku said:
@Pristine

The control scheme in general or the motion controls? A game like Persona would barelu use motion controls...

Both. It has buttons in all the weird places. There's even one under the right hand portion much like the N-64's z-button. My little brother asked me to play spiderman: web of shadows and I just couldn't operate the damn thing. There's also the possibility that I've simply never had the motivation or interest to learn but I thought it was just "pick up and play"

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I have a 360, so no concern. But A would be pretty cool if it actually happened.

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

Why would you buy a whole new console just to play a prettier version of the same game. That's stupid.

A

Around the Network
Soriku said:
I'm guessing you're just too new to it and can't get it right away, like any new console you get (besides the PS which has the same controls every time). Give it a day or two or so and you've got it.

Thats the second problem, I haven't had a reason to give it a day or two. I don't get SSBB (would much rather play scIV), don't know why MKwii is appealing, have gotten over mario since SMB, don't like Zelda and don't find Metroid Prime appealing. Those are the wii games we have that most people praise. I'm either weird or just different from the mainstream. I also despise some other things that many people find irresistible out here.

I'm a bit fashion-crazed and I despise Abercombie and fitch, Hollister, North Face and Ed Hardy and would rise up from the dead to choke anyone who dressed my corpse in one of those brands. Yet, people think those clothing lines are the holy grail around here.

The only game that has caught my interest is fire emblem. The story seems pretty interesting but that box-move thing is the single reason I can't stand SRPGs. Hopefully, Valkyria Chronicles has started a revolution.

Jo21 said:
B. must play versus nomura heaven

Oh, crap... I think I'm about to vomit.

Yup.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Pristine20 said:
c0rd said:
Pristine20 said:
Well, I think if you're a real fan, you'll buy whatever console the game came to. That's what fans do. If you won't, you're just someone who enjoys him some FF not a fan.

For example, I consider myself an FF and SMT fan. I'd have to buy whatever consoles they went to. luckily for me, they've stuck with my favorite line of consoles so far

Blah, no way. I didn't buy a PS1 just for the FF's that came on it, and I'll be damned if those kids introduced by FF7 are considered more "real" fans than me. Most of them haven't even played the older ones...

Oh, and glad to hear that about SMT. There's a console out there you may need to end up purchasing

Hopefully SMT will stick to ps2 but even if Atlus shifts to wii, I'm still in luck because there is a wii in my home as well...I'm just not the "owner" thats why I don't mention it. I hpoe not though because I abhor the wii's controller. Guess I could just buy a classic

Hah, never would have guessed. Love how that Wii sneaks into gamer's homes, even when they don't desire it

The controller honestly isn't that bad - just takes getting used to, like all controllers. It might sound crazy, but after a 6 hour spree of Blue Dragon today, my hands just felt so restricted from the 360 controller... I just felt like I really wanted to... I dunno, WAGGLE! ... Okay, maybe I am just crazy

But seriously, I doubt anyone had an easier time learning the PS controllers, learning control schemes is just like that. Just need a game to ease you in - interested in No More Heroes by any chance? It's great, and oh so cheap...

To be honest, I guess I can't really understand those so against controllers, because whenever I get the hang of whatever controller I'm fine with it. Well, maybe not the huge Xbox controller, that thing was ridiculous.

Considering I don't own a HDTV, I would just buy the Wii version of FF XIII.

At this point, I have no real allegiance to FF. I am just looking for a good RPG. If FF fits the bill, then I would buy it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

c0rd said:

To be honest, I guess I can't really understand those so against controllers, because whenever I get the hang of whatever controller I'm fine with it. Well, maybe not the huge Xbox controller, that thing was ridiculous.

Ah, the glorious Duke.  Will the days of console-sized controllers ever return?  Who can say, really?

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.