By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Live For Gaming: 25 Most Anticipated Games of 2009

good list.

Around the Network

Nice list. Although i was certain I would see FF13 at the top though.

4 ≈ One

You missed a couple of games that will be availible for the PC also (SFIV and Alan Wake), the list is fairly balanced. I'm fairly certain Bioshock 2 will be release this year as it is part of 2k's fiscal release schedule (confirm?).

It'll be interesting to where and when everything is released.

And I can see some personal bias coming in from what's number #2. ;)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

after reading your article ,,,it's very well written

cheers to that ;)(i gave it 10 hits for the heck of it)

Around the Network

pretty good list. Sims 3 should be higher (closer to 1), and Wii Sports Resort should be closer to bottom (closer to 25)

Slimebeast said:
shio said:
Not great. Only 3 PC games?? Where is:

Empire: Total War - I'm inclined to agree, it mite deserv a spot.
Demigod - Personally Im excited but most gamers don't even know what it is!
Quake Live - A 10 year old game in a web browser? I hope you're kidding.
Half-Life 2: Episode 3 - HL2 was big, but it's old now and this is just an episode.
Diablo III - Not coming in 2009.
Dragon Age: Origins - I'd say close to top 25, but hype actually got smaller after trailers were released
Guild Wars 2 - No one talks about GW on gaming sites.
Aion: Tower of Eternity - No. Korean MMORPGs are far from top 25

Diablo 3, Empire: Total War, Guild Wars 2, Quake Live and Dragon Age: Origins SHOULD be in the list.

Empire: Total War - If you have Dawn of War 2 and Halo Wars on the list, I don't see how you can't have Empire:TW in there also since it's bigger than both Halo Wars and DoW2.

Demigod - yeah, it's not as hyped as the other games, but Demigod has ALOT of potential.

Quake Live - Remake of one of the best Action games ever, AND will be the champion of the new Ad-based games business. I can see this game being played by dozens of millions.

Half-Life: Episode 3 - The end of HL2 saga. No doubt it will be an awesome game, with the serious potential of being again bundled à la Orange Box.

Diablo 3 - We may not know the date, but same thing for several games in that list. Hell, FFXIII and God of War 3 were confirmed for 2010 (FFXIII by a head honcho, GoW3 by the lead artist I think).

Dragon Age: Origins - The return of Bioware to it's roots. Dragon Age is being called the spiritual sequel of the best RPG ever, Baldur's Gate 2, and so far it is earning that acclaim with the gameplay mechanics and it's dark fantasy setting. I can't believe how someone would put Tales of 10 and Star Ocean above Dragon Age.

Guild Wars 2 - It's not being talked much in the forums, but the game will be HUGE like the first one (which sold over 5 millions). It will also be the first MMORPG to not have additional revenue from subscriptions/transactions, only needing the Disc to play it.

outlawauron said:
It'll be interesting to where and when everything is released.

And I can see some personal bias coming in from what's number #2. ;)

Of course but I'm only human.  But not having RE5 in the top 5 would be tragic.  I originally had it at #1 though but I couldn't put it in front of Starcraft II. It was tough though between that and FF13, but RE5 is a pretty huge title.

Dgc1808 said:
Nice list. Although i was certain I would see FF13 at the top though.

Well because its me, it probably would have gotten #2 if someone else wrote the same thing with my mindset but without the RE love.  But, I mean to lose out to RE5 and Starcraft 2 is still saying a lot ya know.  It's a huge title and 3rd still shows the anticipation that has been building for 3 years on this title.

SpartanFX said:
after reading your article ,,,it's very well written

cheers to that ;)(i gave it 10 hits for the heck of it)

Well, I always want to make sure they are written well so that's something I strive for.  Thanks for the compliment.

I'm glad to see people have enjoyed this and I'll try to post some of more of my articles to come.