By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Live For Gaming: 25 Most Anticipated Games of 2009

Slimebeast said:
shio said:

Diablo 3 - We may not know the date, but same thing for several games in that list. Hell, FFXIII and God of War 3 were confirmed for 2010 (FFXIII by a head honcho, GoW3 by the lead artist I think).

Dragon Age: Origins - The return of Bioware to it's roots. Dragon Age is being called the spiritual sequel of the best RPG ever, Baldur's Gate 2, and so far it is earning that acclaim with the gameplay mechanics and it's dark fantasy setting. I can't believe how someone would put Tales of 10 and Star Ocean above Dragon Age.

Guild Wars 2 - It's not being talked much in the forums, but the game will be HUGE like the first one (which sold over 5 millions). It will also be the first MMORPG to not have additional revenue from subscriptions/transactions, only needing the Disc to play it.

I doubt GoW 3 is confirmed for 2010, because then we would see a lot of comments about the PS3 lineup for 2009 looking a lot less impressive than it does right now. Yes, I believe too that it won't be out in 2009 but many people are still hoping since it's only January still. FF13 belongs on list because technically it's released this year. But the chance of Diablo 3 releasing this year is just zero, no need even to argue about that, you know that too.

Now that you put it that way, I admit it feels awkward to see Star Ocean 4 there but not DA:Origins. Perhaps we can just blame the hype phenomenon - PC gamers aren't as vocal as crazy console fanboys. But, don't you somewhat agree that once the game was actually revealed (by releasing trailers) a some of the magic surrounding DA:Origins got less? Or is it just me who felt kinda disappointed by how it looks?

GW2, you may be rite. A MMORPG sequel could be very anticipated but isn't getting hype because people are busy playing the original lol.

FFXIII being released 2009 in Japan isn't really relevant in my opinion. We live in the western world, and almost no westerner will be able to touch the japanese release nor is anticipating it.

I absolutely loved what I saw from DA:O!! The graphics shown so far aren't the best, but PC RPG fans aren't begging for that. We want great, deep, complex gameplay. If DA:O fulfills what is promised, it will sell for ages on PC like BG2 is doing.

Around the Network

the only one if question is dissidia, it may be a high quality game but i dont really see it hyped that much

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia