By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Live For Gaming: 25 Most Anticipated Games of 2009

I agree that Bioshsock 2 is needed. It has more chance of releasing this year than a few of your other choices.

Other than that, you've got everything covered.
But why is Monster Hunter so high? It's gonna sell a lot and move plenty of consoles, but the game itself won't be worth playing if past games in the franchise are any indication.

Around the Network

Not great. Only 3 PC games?? Where is:

Empire: Total War
Demigod
Quake Live
Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Diablo III
Dragon Age: Origins
Guild Wars 2
Aion: Tower of Eternity

Diablo 3, Empire: Total War, Guild Wars 2, Quake Live and Dragon Age: Origins SHOULD be in the list.

Ah yeah, Diablo 3. Major oversight there.

Zucas,

Since a lot of ppl here on VGC will react on Killzone at No. 9, I wanna know what your reasoning behind that was?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Ah yeah, Diablo 3. Major oversight there.

I originally had it in there actually.  But when I searched around I couldn't find that it had at least a tenative release date for this year so I took it out.

Around the Network

alan wake is not 360 only title it's PC first and a port to 360 so i don't know why it's missing PC infornt of platform for alan wake

and halo expansion pack higher than killzone 2(a full high budget game),,,i m sorry but no freaking way.

Slimebeast said:
Zucas,

Since a lot of ppl here on VGC will react on Killzone at No. 9, I wanna know what your reasoning behind that was?

Um well one I have to recognize that it is closer to release date so I know most of the hype is because of that.  And ya know its not and partly due to the first one not being as great.  I mean there's a few things that went into it.  I'm sure some of it was personal things on me as well.  But I thought being in the top 10 amongst all those other games is quite good.

SpartanFX said:
alan wake is not 360 only title it's PC first and a port to 360 so i don't know why it's missing PC infornt of platform for alan wake

and halo expansion pack higher than killzone 2(a full high budget game),,,i m sorry but no freaking way.

I thought the PC version was canned?  Guess so.  I'll look it up and change it if it is. 

shio said:
Not great. Only 3 PC games?? Where is:

Empire: Total War - I'm inclined to agree, it mite deserv a spot.
Demigod - Personally Im excited but most gamers don't even know what it is!
Quake Live - A 10 year old game in a web browser? I hope you're kidding.
Half-Life 2: Episode 3 - HL2 was big, but it's old now and this is just an episode.
Diablo III - Not coming in 2009.
Dragon Age: Origins - I'd say close to top 25, but hype actually got smaller after trailers were released
Guild Wars 2 - No one talks about GW on gaming sites.
Aion: Tower of Eternity - No. Korean MMORPGs are far from top 25

Diablo 3, Empire: Total War, Guild Wars 2, Quake Live and Dragon Age: Origins SHOULD be in the list.

Good list, very well balanced.