By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The big 5 on the PS3: Which one do you want the most?

Uncharted without a doubt. The best dev on Sony's roster is making this game. You can count on amazing gameplay, Deep story, and Awsome graphics. I think when all is said and done this will be one of the best games of 2007.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I really want Uncharted, but heavenly sword is very close. i will get both.

Cant wait till Assassins Creed!

ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
windbane said:

Folklore...

But out of those 5, I'll go with UT3 because I expect it to revolutionize console FPS.

You do know that UT is a beyond generic shooter and the only thing that makes it worth while are user levels and mods right? Not saying that as a bad thing, people like the game types it offers, but it's not going to do much in the way to revolutionize the FPS genre.

As for the UE engine, it's good but it's not the most amazing thing ever. The reason games like Gears and Bioshock are as good as they are is because of the time people put into them and the detail, not the engine.

lol yea its beyond generic because its the fastest paced FPS made to date. The game is not you run of the mill FPS at all. You fail to realize that the UE3 was designed for UT3 not Gears. Epic has been working UT3 since the release of UT04. Its not just a game that runs off an engine to show it off its a game thats designed to use the power of the engine to expand on the gameplay elements of the older games of the franchise.

Unreal is the only FPS to ever take the FPS genre to the levels it's at now, it was the first online multiplayer FPS, it was the first to have perfect multi-vehicle control (sorry Halo's controls suck), it was the first to have a huge amount of weapons at the same time, it was the first to officially support mods (ID Soft originally looked down upon all the Wolfenstein and Doom mods), it was the first to support a massive amount of players online at once (BF2 was the first to match it), first to have innovative weapons (HL2's gravity gun came after the shield gun), first game to have a rocket launcher with a secondary fire mode (i think resistance is the second), Unreal Championship 2 was the first FPS/TPS to get it right on a console, Unreal Championship was the first time a PC FPS was successfully ported to a console (UC is UT03).

So basically Unreal was and will continue to be an important FPS in the genre.

ps

OWNED!!!!!

Fine then, what's revolutionary about UT3?

havent played more then one 1 v 1 deathmatch level at E3... so cant tell you till more info is dropped about it or I play the full game... maybe more players for their new game mode? no idea, ill tell you when I know more about it.

actually I remember one small detail.. theres a hoverboard which is quite odd to see in an FPS even with vehicles. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Ratchet and Clank, no contest.

Heavenly Sword

Around the Network

If i had a PS3, i would probably not get any of those games. Ratchet and Clank maybe, but probably not.

Toss up between Heavenly Sword and Warhawk .........

Oh, Ill take HS.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Heavenly Sword. There have been many excellent long games I lost the patience for and never got to finish. If it is great 10 hours than I am satisfied. However if it is more like Onimusha (4 Hours) than I will be pissed.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
windbane said:

Folklore...

But out of those 5, I'll go with UT3 because I expect it to revolutionize console FPS.

You do know that UT is a beyond generic shooter and the only thing that makes it worth while are user levels and mods right? Not saying that as a bad thing, people like the game types it offers, but it's not going to do much in the way to revolutionize the FPS genre.

As for the UE engine, it's good but it's not the most amazing thing ever. The reason games like Gears and Bioshock are as good as they are is because of the time people put into them and the detail, not the engine.

lol yea its beyond generic because its the fastest paced FPS made to date. The game is not you run of the mill FPS at all. You fail to realize that the UE3 was designed for UT3 not Gears. Epic has been working UT3 since the release of UT04. Its not just a game that runs off an engine to show it off its a game thats designed to use the power of the engine to expand on the gameplay elements of the older games of the franchise.

Unreal is the only FPS to ever take the FPS genre to the levels it's at now, it was the first online multiplayer FPS, it was the first to have perfect multi-vehicle control (sorry Halo's controls suck), it was the first to have a huge amount of weapons at the same time, it was the first to officially support mods (ID Soft originally looked down upon all the Wolfenstein and Doom mods), it was the first to support a massive amount of players online at once (BF2 was the first to match it), first to have innovative weapons (HL2's gravity gun came after the shield gun), first game to have a rocket launcher with a secondary fire mode (i think resistance is the second), Unreal Championship 2 was the first FPS/TPS to get it right on a console, Unreal Championship was the first time a PC FPS was successfully ported to a console (UC is UT03).

So basically Unreal was and will continue to be an important FPS in the genre.

ps

OWNED!!!!!

You must have slept through a part of history. You know the part containing Perfect Dark. That game had a secondary fire more for every weapon. Resistance was years later, and Perfect Dark Zero had it before that game as well. Unreal Tournament on the Dreamcast came before UC, and it was just as good. 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

O I forgot to answer the question technically: Ratchet and Clank FTW, with HS not too far behind.