By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the last game you bought and how much did it cost?

last week I went to buy Fallout 3 on the ps3. The local GAME had an offer on it and had it priced at £19.99. I went to the till and had to wait 15minutes since the sales assistant had the game, but couldn't find a Fallout3 box which had a barcode. So after 15minutes she offered the collectors editition (the one which comes as a Fallout3 lunch box) at the same price! Other then a stupid grin on my face, my hand without any thought handed the money over and I left a happy customer. Sorry, but I had to dhare this joyess occassion with fellow gamers :D

Around the Network
shio said:

Last month I bought 7 games on Steam:

Bioshock $4.99

Civilization III: Complete $3.75

Half-Life: Blue Shift $0.99

Mount & Blade $14.99

Opposing Force $0.99

Peggle $4.99

Ultimate Doom $0.99

-------------------------------------

$31.69

STEAM IS AWESOME!!!!

whats this steam exactly ? i ask cuz i start to like it lol.

NNN2004 said:
shio said:

Bioshock $4.99

Mount & Blade $14.99

Opposing Force $0.99

Peggle $4.99

Ultimate Doom $0.99

$31.69

STEAM IS AWESOME!!!!

It's a digital distribution platform for PC games developed by Valve. You buy the game then downloade it to your PC. It has many games, wellknown and indie games.

http://store.steampowered.com

makingmusic476 said:

Honestly, what if everyone bought used games, simply because they were cheaper?  I know people that ONLY buy new because the difference in price between new and used isn't enough to justify the risk of getting a game that doesn't work.

Hmm... That sounds literally impossible, dunnit? I mean, if no new games are bought, no games can be used!

Games are too expensive for me to be able to buy them all new, so I get used / rent from time to time (just bought 2 months of Gamefly for $5). To be honest, if I were smart I would stop buying games, since I barely ever re-play them (the single player games). My backlog of games is too big for me to go and play old stuff. I mainly just have the old games here as a trophy collection...

Bah. Guess it really is just the collector in me, since I refuse to buy used games without the original case, no matter how cheap it is. This hobby is really costing me...!

Aquaria, Steam $16. next will be RE5, ps3, new.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:
NNN2004 said:
shio said:

Bioshock $4.99

Mount & Blade $14.99

Opposing Force $0.99

Peggle $4.99

Ultimate Doom $0.99

$31.69

STEAM IS AWESOME!!!!

It's a digital distribution platform for PC games developed by Valve. You buy the game then downloade it to your PC. It has many games, wellknown and indie games.

wow man thanx this is will help me alot because the games price here never go down.... but can i put it in a dvd after i download it ?

Far Cry 2, PS3. $30 new

Battalion Wars 2 for $10--sweet deal if you ask me.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
SuperDave said:
Bought a used copy of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction from EB Games(gamestop for you yanks) a few days ago for 54.99

The game is well over a year old and they still only discount it by $5 against a factory sealed copy? sorry, but that's a ripoff. Still a great game though.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

NNN2004 said:
Rhonin the wizard said:
NNN2004 said:
shio said:

Bioshock $4.99

Mount & Blade $14.99

Opposing Force $0.99

Peggle $4.99

Ultimate Doom $0.99

$31.69

STEAM IS AWESOME!!!!

wow man thanx this is will help me alot because the games price here never go down.... but can i put it in a dvd after i download it ?

I think you can make backups of your games, but it's not necessary because you can delete the game and reinstall it whenever you want.

As a suggestion Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm is at 75% discount now, you should buy it. In order to purchase games you will need a debit/credit card.