By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the last game you bought and how much did it cost?

Facebreaker for $10 new at Best Buy. I wanted to also get Ninja Gaiden 2, but they were out. This explains why Facebreaker is in my list of games played below. Considering how frustratingly difficult it is, I am trying to get other games played so it disappears.

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid 4, used, for around $30. Good game.

epsilon72 said:

All you guys buying used games are killling the industry.  People complain about how HD development expenses are causing studios to lose money, sometimes even forcing them to shut down, yet you'll buy games used, cheating the developer out of their hard-earned money.

little big planet $50

@Making music ,,,can i ge t a coockie? I bought mine brand new :D

Last month I bought 7 games on Steam:

Bioshock $4.99

Civilization III: Complete $3.75

Half-Life: Blue Shift $0.99

Mount & Blade $14.99

Opposing Force $0.99

Peggle $4.99

Ultimate Doom $0.99

-------------------------------------

$31.69

STEAM IS AWESOME!!!!

Around the Network

dragonball origins - DS- $30

uhm, Fullmetal Alchemist Trading Card Game (DS) $10 New, Fullmetal Alchemist 2 (PS2) $14 Used
and I reserved

Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii)
Dead Rising:CTYD (Wii) (God why did I reserve it)
MadWorld (Wii)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS)
Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
Pokemon Platinum (DS)

makingmusic476 said:
epsilon72 said:

All you guys buying used games are killling the industry.  People complain about how HD development expenses are causing studios to lose money, sometimes even forcing them to shut down, yet you'll buy games used, cheating the developer out of their hard-earned money.

don't blame peopel buying used or renting or whatever the case.  Its the business' own damn fault if they spend too much making something and judge poorly on the estimated sales.  Should we ban all used things then, no used cars, books, or what not else.  Should all busses or trains be shut down cause people should buy NEW cars.  Or fuck librarys they are ruining the book industry.  

Grow up, its the industry's fault or devolopers fault if they spend 30 million making a game that only sells 500k,  or whatever teh case

irstupid said:
makingmusic476 said:
epsilon72 said:

don't blame peopel buying used or renting or whatever the case.  Its the business' own damn fault if they spend too much making something and judge poorly on the estimated sales.  Should we ban all used things then, no used cars, books, or what not else.  Should all busses or trains be shut down cause people should buy NEW cars.  Or fuck librarys they are ruining the book industry.  

Grow up, its the industry's fault or devolopers fault if they spend 30 million making a game that only sells 500k,  or whatever teh case

I didn't say we should ban these things.  I'd be completely against that (though funnily enough, the buying of used games in retail stores and the renting of games is banned in some European countries).

I'm just saying that if you care about the industry, you'd buy new, unless the only feasible option is buying used (ie, games older than 5 years).

Honestly, what if everyone bought used games, simply because they were cheaper?  I know people that ONLY buy new because the difference in price between new and used isn't enough to justify the risk of getting a game that doesn't work.

its Resistance 2