By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda Won't Commit To PS3 Fallout 3 Getting Ability To Play Post-Ending!

Skeeuk said:
NJ5 said:
This doesn't make any sense, not even for the 360 or PC versions. In Super Mario Galaxy, when you beat the game, you can still go back and finish the levels you didn't play. So why is DLC needed for this, and is it free DLC at least?

its not even dl content, at best its just a patch to keep on playing after final mission. very lousy decision

Yeah... Just the fact that you can get around this limitation by saving the game before that mission shows how ridiculous it is.

If you don't save the game for a while before getting there, you're screwed just because Mr. Developer didn't want to make this a standard. But hey, at least there will be more used copies on the shelves.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
NJ5 said:
This doesn't make any sense, not even for the 360 or PC versions. In Super Mario Galaxy, when you beat the game, you can still go back and finish the levels you didn't play. So why is DLC needed for this, and is it free DLC at least?

its not even dl content, at best its just a patch to keep on playing after final mission. very lousy decision

Nope not true. It's a DLC because it will continue the story directly after the main quest.

"Broken Steel

Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest."

In some ways internet is a curse, before devs had to have eveything perfect but now we get a broken game where patches are expected and worst of all DLC is exposed.

I think I read somewhere, that one feature in DLCs will be higher max. level. If it´s true, and PS3 owner don´t get it via patch, or something, it will be bigger shaft, then this. After all, saving before last boss and doing some side quests is pretty common in JRPG. And most people don´t give it any thought.

It has something to do with the ease of development and the Live infrastructure plus, I think it makes it far easier and profitable to release DLC on the system and the likely payback is prime billing on the Spotlight channel and maybe royalty free downloading? In any case its significant free advertising and Microsoft still gets theirs back with extra sales of the game on their system as people will once again be reminded that the game exists.

Tease.

Around the Network

Didn't know this patch was coming for 360. Greeaaat!!! The head of the enclave has an amazingly powerful gun which I was so pissed off I could never use it. Look forward to pumping a few shots into some Super Mutants.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Eh, glad i got the PC version.

Seems common practice to "screw" the PS3 port... i guess due to it being more expensive to go back and fix stuff.

I really didn't get the end design anyway. In an open world game it just seemed a very silly choice to close the door on your game so abruptly.

I'm not a fan of exclusive DLC as its a competitive device that actually limits gamers access to content and therefore does the consumer a diservice, but it's clearly part of the landscape right now.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

The J man never got this problem , after prime finished his rampage on the enclave the game automatically saves and wasnt an autosave file.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

That is just crazy, looks like I'm getting it for PC then.

I can't agree with what their doing, but what can you do. With such a simple feature, that should be a Feature download for all who buy their game. It should not be Exclusive DLC.

It's almost like saying "Hey, Thanks for buying our game. Oh PS3 users, were giving you absolutely nothing in return." *Waves DLC in front of their face*...*walks over to 360 and PC and inserts* /evil grin + laughter!

Then those can argue "Well, what about the Bioshock DLC for the PS3!?!?!". Well, let's see, what's the user base for Bioshock on PS3 compared to 360? Hmm, I don't think 360 users even care at this point. It was over a year old, people forgot it and didn't care to buy it just to DL new content.

But whatever, that's why I have a PC :P. Just trying to defend PS3 a bit. In the end, Bethesda can do whatever they like.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.