By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda Won't Commit To PS3 Fallout 3 Getting Ability To Play Post-Ending!

MontanaHatchet said:
And this, my friends, is when competition only serves to hurt the gamers.

By gamers you must mean PS3 console owners because this benefits 360 and PC owners of Fallout3! The console business is cut-throat. Things like this will continue to happen...just like FF13 not being released in Japan on 360. It's a competitive environment. It's just that MS has alot more money to provide to developers in order to secure exclusive content.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
@BengaBenga

Very true but as they say, all is fair in love and war. And for Sony and Microsoft this is war. Now i don't know what Bethesda is getting out of this, I don't think Microsoft had to pay money for it, but they obviously were offered something. Whether it be free access to Microsoft tools or Marketing who knows but Bethesda looked at the options and did what was best for them.

I don't blame Microsoft, but I feel that unless the offer was very good, Bethesda should think about the customers. Especially when they have treated you well and if your game is pretty buggy (despite being great).

This doesn't make any sense, not even for the 360 or PC versions. In Super Mario Galaxy, when you beat the game, you can still go back and finish the levels you didn't play. So why is DLC needed for this, and is it free DLC at least?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

GO BENGA BENGA!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

EggsWithLegs said:
MontanaHatchet said:
And this, my friends, is when competition only serves to hurt the gamers.

By gamers you must mean PS3 console owners because this benefits 360 and PC owners of Fallout3! The console business is cut-throat. Things like this will continue to happen...just like FF13 not being released in Japan on 360. It's a competitive environment. It's just that MS has alot more money to provide to developers in order to secure exclusive content.

It doesn't benefit PC/360 gamers any more than if the content was on all 3 platforms.

Around the Network

The DLC stuff is a con, complete and utter con. They make the game and just cut a bit off so they can charge people more for it later, silly stuff. That is why I do not support game devs anymore, rent all my games now.

That and I get to play more games :P

NJ5 said:
This doesn't make any sense, not even for the 360 or PC versions. In Super Mario Galaxy, when you beat the game, you can still go back and finish the levels you didn't play. So why is DLC needed for this, and is it free DLC at least?

No of course not. It's part of the third DLC coming in late March and lets you play a new quest (or some quests)

The only reason why you can continue to discover the Wasteland after you're dead is because you're allowed to keep your character (However Bethesda will make that - don't ask me)

The first 2 DLCs don't have the same main character.

Barozi said:
NJ5 said:

No of course not. It's part of the third DLC coming in late March and lets you play a new quest (or some quests)

The only reason why you can continue to discover the Wasteland after you're dead is because you're allowed to keep your character (However Bethesda will make that - don't ask me)

The first 2 DLCs don't have the same main character.

Still, it's pretty lousy. It should be a feature of the game or at least a free patch independently of any other DLC.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

its not even dl content, at best its just a patch to keep on playing after final mission. very lousy decision

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@NJ5

lol....nope no way is it free DLC

thats the only reason I don't feel bad as I have refused to support DLC in games.

the MGs LBP pack almost made me break my rule....but as I have an NA version of the game I can't buy the DLC from the UK Ps Store as it won't work

so the only game I may have got DLC for (LBP) isn't possible due to stupid region locking of DLC content!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey