By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why the PS3 will dominate next gen

ceres said:
Dolla Dolla said:
dallas said:
I think that the PS3 has a pretty easy 2nd place, but the question is whether or not it can beat the Wii?

Interesting. I'd say Nintendo has a pretty easy 1st place, and the question is how much of a difference will be between Sony and Microsoft. At the current sell through rate, the PS3 can't ever catch the Wii. Actually, at the current sell through rate, the PS3 will have a difficult time catching the 360.

Sony needs another release similar to HSG5 in Japan, which has moved PS3 hardware up from the devastating 8-10k weekly to a much better 20k+ weekly. Only with better Japan support can Sony get an easy 2nd place worldwide.

But you're forgetting that for the first time in gaming history demand is going to completely vanish and no one will be buying Wii consoles by the end of 2008 while suddenly there will be 2 million PS3s sold a month by mid 2008.

Well, since you put it that way ...

Around the Network

@Soriku and dtewi:
You know this for fact do you this is exactly whats gonna happen you have seen into the future and brought the information back with you, what if devs keep making crap multiplayer and minigame games.Nextgen we dont know if MC will be standard,the chances are it will,but Sony will impliment it like they did this gen in a standard controller and MS will probably copy either Nintendo or Sony.How will every game that the Wii gets be AAA you will always get EA games that wont be AAA and not every dev will go to the Wii.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

This sort of speculation is comparable to speculating that filling the Hindenburg with Hydrogen would be a good idea...

I saw little to know actual fact or reasons for those statements in that post. 

Currently playing: Civ 6

Thats quite the prediction Soriku.

Ah, the signature bandits, Soriku and mitsuhide. Now, we only need WiteoutKing to show up, and your trifecta is complete!

Around the Network

You took my post entirely out of context mitsuhide. Of course the Wii will have crap games, mediocre games, decent games, and AAA games. But my point was the PS3 simply can't last 2 gens. Sure maybe in can still sell some in the next gen, but it won't dominate. And the best we can do is make predictions, like your signature. How do we know what'll happen, but you said it yourself, MC will most likely be a standard.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Thanks Dolla Dolla. Thats going in my sig:D

for the record nintendo originally stated that the gamecube was meant to last 10 years

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know about 10 years but it is still selling. :)

@masschamber:
No way would Nintendo say that,the GC barely lasted 5-6years.