By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft afraid of Killzone 2?? By Megaman2!!

Its good business tactics. Throw everything you can against your opponents biggest game.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network
fulcizombie said:
This thread is a good example why many people "hate" the ps3 and its fanboys . I wonder how more obnoxious sony fanboys would be if sony had released some actual hits like halo3 , gears1/2 , fable2 , mass effect e.t.c instead of an endless stream of overhyped commercial flops .

Yeah, thank god you're not just one of those fanboys yourself huh? Oh wait...

ontopic:  MS has done this for quite some time now, and the tactic seems to work just fine (to steal away attention from Sony and its titles).  If it works, then they will and should keep it up.  They are in the position where they can wait and see, and then respond.  Sony would do the same (and will do the same if they get the chance).

LMAO they arent scared thats just what a "smart" company does to try and lower the sales of yet another game that almost every PS3 owner will say "this is going to sale so many PS3's, blahh blahh blahh..." And Nintendo didnt even blink.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Welcome back ur wright all that info u've posted is something to be pondered over

try not to get banned again ur threads are pretty good

Play Me

StanGable said:
The first Killzone sucked which means that even if its good it already has that stigma of being a sucky game. No hype will help thanks to all the hype from the first one. Your thread fails

First of all your post fails if anything. Coming from a non fanboy opinion this is actually a really good thread. The first Killzone wasn't a sucky game, it was good, just not great and still managed to sell around 2mil WW. So the fact that this game is getting stellar reviews, anyone who played the beta online is praising the multiplayer and that was just a beta version, and if you look at how an overhyped piece of crap like Halo 3 managed to sell like it did then this game due to marketing (which we will see a marketing blitz for Killzone 2 this coming month) then this game will definately sell.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

@kowenicki

Not sure if people can keep using that excuse. All 3 reviews were done by different journalists.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
StanGable said:
The first Killzone sucked which means that even if its good it already has that stigma of being a sucky game. No hype will help thanks to all the hype from the first one. Your thread fails

First of all your post fails if anything. Coming from a non fanboy opinion this is actually a really good thread. The first Killzone wasn't a sucky game, it was good, just not great and still managed to sell around 2mil WW. So the fact that this game is getting stellar reviews, anyone who played the beta online is praising the multiplayer and that was just a beta version, and if you look at how an overhyped piece of crap like Halo 3 managed to sell like it did then this game due to marketing (which we will see a marketing blitz for Killzone 2 this coming month) then this game will definately sell.

Once you call halo 3 an overhyped piece of crap your a fanboy /discussion

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Killzone isnt Halo.

Case closed

Imo I think that Killzone 2 will sell very well as many Ps3 owners are eagerly awating its release so to say K2 will be a flop is quiet ignorant...and if it just happens to get great reviews which some sites have gave it 9's and up I really doubt its a flop....

Also I dont think you can compare Gears 2 to this game...I heard Gears of war 2 was GARBAGE...that its basically the same as the first one...and this is comming from GOW FANS...Killzone was not impressive at all...but K2 has all my focus at the moment hopefully it wont be a let down

I think Resident Evil will cause more of a problem for Killzone 2.