By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Gaiden 2 to be shown at TGS

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=374

Around the Network

In an interview on 1up some time ago, Itagaki claimed he is very much against multi-platform development and only makes games specifically made for a single platform.

andamanen said:
In an interview on 1up some time ago, Itagaki claimed he is very much against multi-platform development and only makes games specifically made for a single platform.
which makes a lot of sense.... if you want quality it's usually better to focus on one console.... but you have to make sure that the licence you are developping will sell to the owner of the plateform you choose....

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=374

I think gamers-creed states it best;

"The industry insider also states that, this game is important to Microsoft because, it has potential to increase console sales in Japan."

Could this mean that Microsoft will be shelling out big bucks for exclusive rights?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

this game is gona pwn

Around the Network

I'm with the whole "250,000 for a 3rd installment of the same damn game from 2004 is pretty good" crowd. Considering that the budget on this game was probably pretty small since it was merely a port, Tecmo probably made a nice profit on this bad boy. Whether that means a PS3 version of NG2 comes out alongside the 360 version, I dunno.

But here's an idea: perhaps Team Ninja developed NGS to get some familiarity with PS3 hardware before developing a NG2 for the system.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:
I'm with the whole "250,000 for a 3rd installment of the same damn game from 2004 is pretty good" crowd. Considering that the budget on this game was probably pretty small since it was merely a port, Tecmo probably made a nice profit on this bad boy. Whether that means a PS3 version of NG2 comes out alongside the 360 version, I dunno.

But here's an idea: perhaps Team Ninja developed NGS to get some familiarity with PS3 hardware before developing a NG2 for the system.

It's graphics were completely overhauled, new content was added, and it was done on a system with a completely different architecture from the original so it's likely that a decent amount of the game's original engine had to be rewritten for the PS3.  So while 250,000 thousand copies sold isn't bad it might not be enough to give them a decent profit (although I have no idea how much it cost to make it but I assume it wasn't really cheap).

As for Ninja Gaiden 2 it's true that they now have a working engine and more knowledge of the PS3 but who knows how many changes to the engine might be required for them to get it up and running on the PS3.  And if they originally started it from the ground up on the 360 they may feel it's not worth their time to convert it to the PS3 if they have to overcome hurdles to get it running well on the PS3 (and no this isn't a bash on the PS3, it's a powerful machine but the differences between the two systems sometimes causes problems especially depending on which is the lead console and the design decisions being made).

I LOVE NINJA GAIDEN VERY VERY VERY MUCH
IT'S THE BEST GAME IN THE HISTORY

maybe not the best in history but I really want it back on XB 360....

Great game, hopefully we see the sequel released soon.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!