By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Gaiden 2 to be shown at TGS

Xboxic (very 360-leaning site obviously) is quoting a Korean site as claiming to have good information that the second installment of Ninja Gaiden 2 will be shown on the Xbox 360 at the Tokyo Game Show.  At this point there is no mention of the PS3, however as it received a port of the first game, a multiplatform release isn't out of the question.  That said, the sales of the port havent been that convincing, so it will be interesting to see where this goes.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

500 000 k ?

it is a lot convencing for a remake, even more if we expect the PS3 user base will be more than double (3.5M ==> +7M) when NGS2 will be released ...

Time to Work !

Um, that was the shipment? Most info is implying that the sellthrough on that shipment is week at best

Edit: Europe isn't listed, but this site has actual sales at 190,000 and its been out for weeks.  That is not good for a very high profile game, especially as it was pegged as a japanese system-seller 

NGS was very successful on the Xbox, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be a 360 exclusive - at least for now. It would be a no-brainer for MS to throw them some money to keep it exclusive for at least a year or two.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Yeah i agree. For a lot of titles that appeal to Japan (or the rest of the world for that matter) Microsoft have to pay a truckload of cash to get exclusivity or in some cases even to get multi platform. I shudder to think what the three exclusive mistwalker titles are costing Microsoft. So when a title comes along where the team has a history with a franchise on microsoft consoles and a reasonable chance of commercial success regardless, its worth paying a small fee for exclusivity.

Around the Network

I think selling some 500K units in the PS3 having in count its the third rehash of the title ,only 2 months out and the PS3 hadnt that great userbase when released is reason enough to make Ninja Team think about creating a PS3 version of the game .

Ninja gaiden 2 was a 360 exclusive in the past, very likely it will be announced on to the ps3, (being the best selling 3rd party title on that system).

mM

Again, it hasnt sold ANYWHERE NEAR 500k units. Its sold about 190k, plus europe, which id guess is about 50k. Call it 250k to be generous.

Diomedes1976 said:
I think selling some 500K units in the PS3 having in count its the third rehash of the title ,only 2 months out and the PS3 hadnt that great userbase when released is reason enough to make Ninja Team think about creating a PS3 version of the game .

500k? where did you get this info? ...as far as vgchartz is concerned at best it's sold 250-300k... 

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

I thought NG2 was confirmed as a 360 exclusive long ago? Either way, the NGS sales would probably hinder a port if anything.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"