By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA:PS3 Mass Effect Rumors are"Inaccurate",ME2 not announced to discuss this

m$ and bioware's contract as far as i remembered, they both said when the 1st mass effect game was show off that the contract was for 3 games and that the whole series was going to be on the 360. and i am sure m$ lawyers will hold bioware's new owners "ea" to that contract.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
craighopkins said:

Microsoft's Shane Kim though has spoken on MTV about how Microsoft is eager to keep the game only on the Xbox 360 after the critical success of the franchise - the game even placed on our Top 10 Games of 2007. Speaking on MTV, Shane said; "We really care about our relationship with EA. BioWare's been a good partner for us. We're very happy with the success of "Mass Effect" and we want that to continue. From a platform perspective, is it the most important that Microsoft Games Studios publishes it or [rather] that it's exclusive to the platform? That's the way we have to think about it." Asked if the full planned trilogy would continue to be Xbox 360 exclusive, Shane said that Microsoft is absolutely convinced that is the case.

Good quote, I think MS views this as a strategic title and will put up quite a fight to keep it exclusive.  If you've played through the first you're going to buy ME2.  This non-message just keeps up hype for the game imo.  Then when they finally say one way or the other another hype storm will brew...

Garnett said:
Why do you PS guys want ME on the PS3?

Because its the best exclusive game on 360?

Seriously though, id love it if PS3 got Mass Effect. More sales for the game = better chance of keeping the series alive. Either way... im getting the 360 version to port my character

Carl2291 said:
Garnett said:
Why do you PS guys want ME on the PS3?

Because its the best exclusive game on 360?

Seriously though, id love it if PS3 got Mass Effect. More sales for the game = better chance of keeping the series alive. Either way... im getting the 360 version to port my character

No L4D is the best 360 exclusive IMO,but i think itd be great if ME was on PS3,but i have a feeling that they would put it down like most mulitplats.

I wish it would come to the PS3 for you fellows. But it doesn't look like it will ever happen, so just get over it. Play it on the PC if you don't want to buy a 360.

No matter, I just wish it would hurry up and get here already.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

Doesn't say enough to say anything.

He says rumors are inaccurate about ME on PS3. Does he mean ME1 or ME2? How incorrect? Why is a hard answer so hard to come by? Yes or no, is the game in development for the PS3? Is it coming to the PS3? Enough with the ambiguity.

We have like 50 threads on this, why was one from over 2 months ago bumped?

lets wait till E3...

Why was a 2 month old thread bumped lol. EA just officially announced it in their PR for 360/PC last week. Last week for goodness sakes.

Get over it.

From the actual PR statement:

Mass Effect 2 is coming to PC and the Xbox 360 video game system in Early 2010. To see the exclusive new Mass Effect 2 teaser trailer check out the website here: www.masseffect.com

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20090317-905149.html?mod=wsjcrmain

That seems pretty clear to me.

DMeisterJ said:
Doesn't say enough to say anything.

He says rumors are inaccurate about ME on PS3. Does he mean ME1 or ME2? How incorrect? Why is a hard answer so hard to come by? Yes or no, is the game in development for the PS3? Is it coming to the PS3? Enough with the ambiguity.

If he said its not in development on the PS3 then people would turn round and say they haven't started porting it yet.  If he said there are no plans for a PS3 version at this time people would claim its only timed.  They really cannot win as whatever they say people will read something between the lines.  There is no ambiguity, it's not happening.