By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA:PS3 Mass Effect Rumors are"Inaccurate",ME2 not announced to discuss this

Microsoft's Shane Kim though has spoken on MTV about how Microsoft is eager to keep the game only on the Xbox 360 after the critical success of the franchise - the game even placed on our Top 10 Games of 2007. Speaking on MTV, Shane said; "We really care about our relationship with EA. BioWare's been a good partner for us. We're very happy with the success of "Mass Effect" and we want that to continue. From a platform perspective, is it the most important that Microsoft Games Studios publishes it or [rather] that it's exclusive to the platform? That's the way we have to think about it." Asked if the full planned trilogy would continue to be Xbox 360 exclusive, Shane said that Microsoft is absolutely convinced that is the case.

Around the Network

to be honest, you can't really take anything from it - "inaccurate" falls short of a flat out denial and therefore is at least somewhat ambigous. Lets wait till GDC in March shall we...ME2 may be confirmed for both ps3 and 360 ^^. I know some of you will need tissues for the tears that will follow. I won't care if doesn't come out on ps3 doesn't mean I won't get to play the game now does it? ouch.

Sounds like the com lines have been sizzling. MS is pissed and EA is already hurting. Or maybe we're bored and reading way too much into one lousy sentence. I hope it does go multi-plat same-day release but that's not likely for 2.

PS3 seems to have more traditional JRPGamers and with the smaller base it might do half. Still that's half of around 3m so $75m on EA's books while a timed exclusive could mean Bioshock numbers. The net will look pretty small next to $860,000,000!

Almost every major publisher has announced some job cuts or studio closings. Obviously that will force some projects to be cancelled, we just don't know what yet.

I'm sure the 360/PC ME:2 will sell well, but they might not be so sure if a PS3 version is worth the effort. That Bioshock PS3 didn't exactly sell too well.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Tyrannical said:
Almost every major publisher has announced some job cuts or studio closings. Obviously that will force some projects to be cancelled, we just don't know what yet.

I'm sure the 360/PC ME:2 will sell well, but they might not be so sure if a PS3 version is worth the effort. That Bioshock PS3 didn't exactly sell too well.

that can be blamed on BioShock PS3 being:

a year late, a bad port at full price.....

Around the Network

I'd prefer it if the ME series stayed on the 360. If they had to work on a PS3 version, the game would probably take longer to come out. Besides, most PS3 owners seem oddly indifferent anyway.

Can't wait for Mass Effect 2 on my PS3!

This rumor about ME1 on the PS3 was just a rumor. I didn't need EA to confirm it. MS published the first game - and gave EA permission to publish the PC version. The next games will likely appear on the PS3, but the first one? Unless MS is very hard up for cash. And even then, EA will have to fork over a grip of loot for an old port.

Won't happen. Buy the PC version if you want to play it that bad - or a 360 and the game. Otherwise, forget playing ME1 on a PS3.

ROFLOL...inaccurate to assume that it's going to be timed exclusive...does that help?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Why do you PS guys want ME on the PS3?