By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nitendo Power Review Metroid Prime 3- Score Inside.

leo-j said:
This is just disgraceful, if it were a playstation magazine giving heavenlysword a 10/10 all of you people would be saying it doenst count since its a ps magazine.

On topic: Its a nintendo magazine, but good start.

While it is a nintendo magazine, its a well known entity and thats why people wouldn't just dismiss it out of hand.  It may or may not rate the average game higher but as others have pointed out, they don't just give every above average game a 10.  

Nintendo power has been around for almost 20 yrs now and its one, if not the longest, running videogame magazine in the world.  It can't be taken exactly for its word but dismissing it out of hand vs any random PS fan magazine is a mistake.   

Around the Network

Nitendo Power "under rated" Zelda and the same people that agreed with that review are the same people that are skeptical of this review. I think this one is obvious.

A ten should never be awarded, it should be like absolute Zero. Only there in theory.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

10/10 for games is too exaggerated IMO. Not a single game is perfect, there's always something which can be improved. If games receive 10/10 scores, it's like the next game can't get any better. I don't know what Nintendo Power gave to Zelda, but personally I would gave it around 85-90%, not higher then 90%. Of course it's a fact that many biased game magazines give much higher scores to "their" games than magazines which are not. Official Nintendo Magazine UK, has a habit of throwing around with 80+ scores for WII games, even though they don't deserve it.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

10/10 =/= perfect game.

usually it means one of the best games in recent history.

Androo said:
Rath not that I hate Gamespot but I hate their Wii reviews.. and if they give the MP3 review to Jeff again I'll bombard their HQ with rotten sheeps!

Don't confirm your pruchase with GS's reviews... at least IMO.

Agree , since a year now , GS is giving MS games much higher scores than Nintendo and Sony games . Mainly all of the GS reviewd MS games are higher than the ones on Metacritics , while the Sony and Nintendo games are lower . And often waaaay lower .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
This is just disgraceful, if it were a playstation magazine giving heavenlysword a 10/10 all of you people would be saying it doenst count since its a ps magazine.

It's becuase they aren't as biased as PSM. While they will still rate Wii games higher, they are usually close to the average. Plus, it's hard as Nintendo usually makes quality games.

It would be great is MArio Galaxy and Brawl got 10/10 also

What's this? A Nintendo Power Metroid Review? And what's that over there? It looks like a grain of salt. Oh well, my hands are fairly empty. I guess I can take them both......

A magazine that rarely gives out 10's is dismissed when it gives out a 10 simply because of the "Nintendo" in its name.  A fair logical step no doubt for most consumers.  But in the context of this thread where several respected posters are cautioning that NP actually gives fair reviews...well thats not such a logical step.

To borrow a line from a favorite TV show of mine (and they may of borrowed it from somewhere else).....

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I whole-heartedly agree with the idea of reserving judgment for more reviews.  But the people that are trying to suggest that NP is a completely biased and unobjective review source, well then I would say you don't know the facts, and perhaps some of those people aren't interested in them anyways.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Sqrl said:

To borrow a line from a favorite TV show of mine (and they may of borrowed it from somewhere else).....

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

What show is that from, I have heard that before and now it is bugging me that I can't remember.