By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nitendo Power Review Metroid Prime 3- Score Inside.

valen200 said:
If Nintendo power rates a game rather low I take note, otherwise I expect a good review by default. Just the same as I would expect favorable Playstation reviews from anything with Playstation in the title, and favorable 360 reviews from anything that said Xbox at the top.

Nintendo Power actually reviews games they don't just stuff Nintendo propaganda down your throat.  Everybody has a right to disregard whichever reviews they like but I think if you look at their track record they are by far the least biased of the console affiliated reviewers and are in many cases less biased than even the some of the non-affiliated reviewers.

With that said, this is a good start, but it is only a start.  Once we start getting scores from other places we will of course of have a more clear picture. And since the game is not releasing for another week yet there is of course no reason not to take into account these upcoming reviews if you are still on the fence with this game. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

It's nice to see MP get a 10/10 but I put as much stock into this review as I put into the official XBox magazine review of Bioshock before seeing other reviews.

shams said:
Its a start - but it doesn't mean much. If it would have got a 8 or 9, now THAT would have been news.

(TP wasn't even close to a 10 in IMO...)

...Yet it still won game of the year from GameTrailers.

This is just disgraceful, if it were a playstation magazine giving heavenlysword a 10/10 all of you people would be saying it doenst count since its a ps magazine.

On topic: Its a nintendo magazine, but good start.

mM
RolStoppable said:

Nintendo Power seems to rate games higher than the average score, but if they give out a perfect 10 only once in a few years, it's a good start.

@ckmlb

You may prove read your thread titles before posting, this is already the second time you spelled "Nintendo" wrong.

WTB - Title edit capability

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Must be good then...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

A Nintendo Power review of Metroid is as reliable as Ronald McDonald's review of the new McGreaseball.

*waits for IGN review*

As others have said Nintendo Power is fairly fair in their reviews. To the extent they rate Wii games higher than average I think it's similar to IGN where they don't have self-proclaimed hardcore gamers on a campaign against the "fad" rating Wii games. As for the 10 I'm not surprised, MP3 caused even EGM/1up reviewers to sing its praises after playing it. That's pretty impressive.

Er... it's Nintendo Power... I would prefer to know what the review said about the game, than the score.