By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anyone see this? Playstation 3 costed $448.73 as of October 08 to make

That's the problem with these sorts of things..there are way too many variables to assume right or wrong. There are a lot of variables on their part too in assuming the cost of production, so I assume their job of doing this sort of thing isn't really easy. It also makes it easy to criticize too...I definitely wouldn't want their job.

Around the Network
Phrancheyez said:
That's the problem with these sorts of things..there are way too many variables to assume right or wrong. There are a lot of variables on their part too in assuming the cost of production, so I assume their job of doing this sort of thing isn't really easy. It also makes it easy to criticize too...I definitely wouldn't want their job.

It looks like a fine job to me, unless they fired the person who wrote this:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17405

According to iSuppli, the Wii will reach 30.2 million installed units in 2008

This was written in February 2008 by the way

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Thats a heck of a lot isnt it...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

If ps3 is still sold at a loss,will it be a price cut in 2009 ? That 1,7 billion $ loss that Sony is reporting isn`t going to suddenly vanish.

Very interesting, do you think that the RSX and Cell will be shrunk down to 45 nm in 2009? if so how much of an impact would that be for the price? And I'm assuming that it was the 80GB they were talking about so would they be making money or if not close to making money on the 160GB version?

Around the Network
Stan85 said:
If ps3 is still sold at a loss,will it be a price cut in 2009 ? That 1,7 billion $ loss that Sony is reporting isn`t going to suddenly vanish.

Only if Sony decides that keeping the PS3 closer to the 360 is more important than a few hundred million / 1+ billion dollars (depending on what price cut and when).

So I'd bet they won't cut prices that soon unless business conditions improve.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

thats pretty cool, so they're only losing $50 per console instead of almost $100 when it came out.

This is a neat article but I'd rather get the exact costs from each manufacturer.....

But that'd never happen.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

So much for the $299 price many want this year. At most SONY will reduce the price by $50 during the holiday season which will be followed by MS cutting the price of the 360 by ($30-$50)

if they did a tear down wouldnt this be a reliable source then?

anyways if this number is near correct this is good news for sony, they can actually make money off the ps3 sometime soon.