By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - -Proof- Nintendo copied the Wiimote...

Common people , everybody copys from everybody . What can we say about the Xbox than , or the PSone analog controller ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Hus said:
Yep, i always "lol" when nintendos innovation is mentioned. Nice myth and usefull but not very honest.

Not that it matters, does any one care what Ford did with the model T with Toyota kicking the crap out of everyone now.

Do you honestly think that Henry Ford invented the automobile? Well he did NOT. But he did put it on an assembly line and make millions of them at an affordable price, which no one else had done or even attempted.

Nintendo did not invent these technologies, but it improved upon them and implemented them for the first time as the default system technology (not add-ons that only get used for a couple games).

So -- good example Hus.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT FINAL FAN?  Assembly lines are old hat and not innovative at all, Henry Ford has you all duped with his so called "innovation". ;)

We could make a list of all the things Sony or Microsoft has copied. Didn't Nintendo come up with shoulder buttons and the analogue stick? And which console first utilized rumble?

Astrodust said:
We could make a list of all the things Sony or Microsoft has copied. Didn't Nintendo come up with shoulder buttons and the analogue stick? And which console first utilized rumble?

Rumble was first for N64 with Star Fox 64.

Am I the only one who remembers Duck Hunt?

Around the Network

For me it is Wii Sports that made the controller work. No one would have bought a Wii and it's silly controller without that game. That is why it is packed in. Even if you don't like the mini games you imediately knew the controller could work for the system.

I have tried the Dreamcast Fishing rod. Not once was I convinced it was any more useful than the stand alone arcade games that simulated surfing, golf, or whatever. Those predated the Dreamcast I am sure.

Also I think you can trace the routes of the Wiimote from the light zapper of old and all those gameboy tilt sensing games as well as influences like the dreamcast.

For me the ultimate in controller design was the PS2 dual shock. Not that innovative but great and polished.

Then came the wavebird. Frankly it could have been a keyboard glued to a cereal box but someone finally made wireless not suck.

So in theory a wireless dual-shock would be best, but if this generation pans out like I think it will, there will be a new champion.

Nintendo is the king of controller evolution. Sometimes it is ugly cluncky and painful like on the N64. Sometimes it fails like the powerglove or virtuaboy. But we can thank them for the analog stick, proper motion sensing, rumble, and working wireless, and having more than two controller ports.

And for anyone who thinks the Dreamcast is the greatest, take a look at that controller. It is somewhere on the stinker list below the original XBox controller and above the Atari Jaguar.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt