By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - -Proof- Nintendo copied the Wiimote...

Who ever said Nintendo never copied anything? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt44Pr3oj0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwvCl4mgG7g

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Around the Network

Sidewinder?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I have the airpad for the ps1 - it's like the sixaxis. So the technology is nothing new for the wii or that of the sixaxis. So I think they all copy each other :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

oh god not this stupid video again.

Its the fishing rod addon for dreamcast.

Yup, not exactly new tech., just implemented differently, or better. The response in the Virtua Tennis game is just awful... but hey, we can't blame Sega for trying, those were the times when they did creative things.

PS: The guy from the video... NEEEERD!!!

Around the Network

Well the idea of motion technology (even in video games) has been around much longer. Obviously that isn't as responsive as the tech in the Wiimote or Sixaxis, but yes it serves a similar function. It's all about the implementation. :)

Yep, i always "lol" when nintendos innovation is mentioned. Nice myth and usefull but not very honest.

Not that it matters, does any one care what Ford did with the model T with Toyota kicking the crap out of everyone now.

I think that you give Nintendo too little credit. Innovation isn't simply about funding the R&D that results in new technologies - it's just as much about actually implementing and marketing these technologies to make them standards.

Making nonstandard control interfaces central parts of handheld/console systems is innovative. To my knowledge, it's never been done in any serious way, and, if it has, it's never been successful, which makes it even ballsier.

A standard of innovation that requires complete novelty is simply unrealistic - nothing in gaming is innovative. The very first video game ever wasn't even particularly innovative - we already had computers and we already had games, so it was really just an obvious implementation of existing computer technology.

Nintendo is an innovator in the sense that they drive change in the industry. The DS is obviously having an impact, and you're crazy if you don't think that the Wii is going to push next-gen consoles in directions they otherwise wouldn't have taken. Nintendo first party games often create standards that other games then emulate. All of the technology and all of the ideas were there before, but, without Nintendo, they wouldn't have had nearly as much impact.

In short innovation is more than just technological novelty, and is actually a blend of technological novelty/advancment, implementation, and marketing. It's about taking something that's new to most people and making it successful and standard-setting.

Hus said:
Yep, i always "lol" when nintendos innovation is mentioned. Nice myth and usefull but not very honest.

If you feel comfortable with that ... your choice.

Nintendo did not invented motion control, but :

- They made it default control control,

- They implemented it a way nearly every game may use it.

- With Wiimote, new ways of gaming are possible.

IMO, i call that "innovation".

As opposed of course with Six Axis that can only be seen as "gimmick".

Hus, I think you missed the " ;) " in the OP.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.