By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Things I hate about Sony by a PS Fanboy

Sony is not concern about the race now

Thats a new one.

I suggest you try selling your GC on ebay australia, you'll get a lot more than ten bucks =P.
Also have you ever figured that people might not 'hate' Sony (I certainly dont) but maybe people just think that the PS3 cannot win this generation?

Around the Network
Sporticus said:

Except the PS2 cost $300 dollars, not $600. And how is the long term going to benefit a console that has chased away the consumer and third party developer early on handing over the lead to someone else. Please show me an instance in any generation past where this well-wishing strategy of yours for the Ps3 has ever happened. Developers and Consumers aren't going to just suddenly wake up one day and say, "hey, the PS3 has had better graphics for four years, we should support that now, good thing they planned ahead with good graphics, we obviously only thought graphics were going to get worse over time, never mind that all the games are now on the Wii and 360." This asinine theory that Sony somehow planned for the long term investment is just ludicrous and completely unfounded. All they did was create a console that shot itself in the foot early on by being too big too soon simply to try and bully the competition with short sighted tactics of shock and awe via its graphical superiority.

Your sheer willingness to think the PS3 is in any way like the PS2 is proof enough of your desperation to think everything will be just fine. Now you're reduced to making up theories that simply just let you sleep at night and the more long term the theory the better because the longer it will take for them to be proven wrong.

I realize such words may not be prudent for a Sony forum and the PS3 may in fact not be doomed, but you seriously need to wake up and start putting together some more realistic / palatable theories about how it's going to happen because this long term graphical investment theory of yours is the worst since people started comparing consoles to luxury cars. Look at the stuff you're spewing out! Is this a Sony forum or a support group for PS3 owners.

LOL

Thats some good old Gballzack stuff.

@Hus, could you actually analyse and reply to the post rather than just insulting the poster? It helps if you actually have an arugument to back up your flames.

First let me give some background information for myself. This is my first post on this website. I am old enough that I purchased a brand new original Nintendo Entertainment System when it was first released. I have been playing video games for more than 20 years. I have played and owned nearly every game system released in the United States. I have also played every type of game that you can think of.

My opinions about what is being discussed in this post and in general are as follows:

Sony's first party games have always sucked ass. I have never been excited over anything first party from Sony. I owned an original PS and I bought a PS2 on day 1. The games I played were always second or third party games.

Nintendo has always had awesome first party games. I did not like 100% of them, but nobody likes 100% of anything.

Sony has always hurt themselves by putting too much time, money and effort into their own proprietary formats that ended up failing big time. These include beta video format, minidisks, UMD, and soon to be Bluray, along with many others.

The main problem with the PS3 is the price, PERIOD. The success of a video game console does not rest on the shoulders of the 0.5% of the population that are considered hardcore gamers. This includes me in my younger days. These days I mostly play PC games and only currently own a PS2 that I never play. No system in history that was this expensive compared to the other systems available have ever done well. Releasing a system for $600 will limit who buys that sytem a great deal. Hardcore gaming 16 years old that have no bills will buy it. Parents and people with bills will NOT.

The golden age of video games is long gone. Today the market is flooded with complete crap games that look pretty. Sony and Microsoft are putting all their stock into making the hardware better to make the games look better. Too bad they are putting 0 time into actually making new, innovative good games. Nintendo is doing like they have always done. They are trying new things and trying to make fun games. Graphics are NOT the most important aspect of a game. I will take crappy graphics in a good game over awesome graphics in a crappy game any day.

I am pleased with the way this generation is progressing. Nintendo is dominating again and Sony is doing everything just plain wrong. Not to mention that Microsoft is selling an overpriced paperweight due to the huge failure rate of the 360.

The reason I don't have any of the current systems is simple. I have been playing games for 20 years+ and these days there is nothing new at all. All of the companies are making sequel after sequel of the same old crap and idiots keep buying it. If most of you were old enough to even drink or vote then you would know that. If you are under the age of 21 you should not even be talking on the internet at all. When I decide to have kids, which is unlikely because I hate them, they won't be doing anything on the net besides homework until they leave for college. The opinions of children that don't have their own money are worthless.

I will eventually buy both the Wii and DS when I actually have the time to play them. I will buy them because I have been a Nintendo supporter their entire history and they actually make good games and new innovations. Not to mention that no game system is worth more than $300 to begin with. There are many other things I would rather spend $500-600 on.

I really hope that Nintendo destroys both Microsoft and Sony once and for all in the video game market. Neither should have ever been there to begin with, especially Microsoft. They are just 2 greedy corporations trying to take over as many different markets as possible. The funny thing is both companies are currently losing billions and Nintendo is raking in the money with 0 losses and all profit.

Rath said:
Sony is not concern about the race now

Thats a new one.

I suggest you try selling your GC on ebay australia, you'll get a lot more than ten bucks =P.
Also have you ever figured that people might not 'hate' Sony (I certainly dont) but maybe people just think that the PS3 cannot win this generation?
They said they look at the sales through a ten year period, its doing better than ps1, and doing almost as good as ps2.. whats to worry about?

mM
Around the Network

welcome semo

I agree the ps3's bad thing is the price, they need to drop that price again if not its not going to outsell anything but the 360.

mM
Rath said:
@Hus, could you actually analyse and reply to the post rather than just insulting the poster? It helps if you actually have an arugument to back up your flames.

Ha, so her next post is a 5 page essey.  

No thanks, i dont feel like getting into it like cklmb always got into it with her.

Was painfull to see let alone to get into it. 

finalsquall said:

1)Dude you scared? Anyone that remotely dislikes the Wii or challenages the Wii for that fact is an outcast.  This site has soooooo many freakin Wii fans it's beyond a joke.  Sony have stated they have a 10 year plan.  What proof is needed when they already had two consolesthat have had a long life. The ps2 is still going strong. WTF is a GC... I got one and I can't get $10au for the peice shit.
2)
 Yes the ps1 and ps2 had different launches and so has the ps3.... And yes no console has the same future. What you will find is ps fans follow the track record for Sony and their consoles.  Sony is not concern about the race now.  They know they have the games, the product and the fan base to get them there.   The thing is... Too many Wii fans have counted the race as finished. But, it has only begun.  It should be the time for the 360 and the Wii to start to bury the ps3, because if they don't they it will be history repeating themselves.   3)Do you forget the user base of the ps2?  Even in Japan?  People are waiting for a two things- price drop and games. When that comes into play... the Wii and 360 better hold on to their crowns becuase the PS3 will be fast gaining (look at the effects of  the small interim pricedrop in the usa @$400us).  4)Everyone is already saying in 2008 is Sony's yr and that it will pass the 360.    I know why ppl put the hate on Sony and the ps3. Because they know it's potential and ppl know Sony can deliever. Enuf Said!

1) He didn't say anything about "challenging the Wii," I love how the Sony fanboy's counter to everything is that someone MUST be a Wii fanboy! Nice GC trolling too.

2) Are you COMPLETELY out of touch with reality? Sony is a BUSINESS. They need MONEY to to stay afloat, of course they're concerned about the race. Last place is giving them the least amount of profits.

3) You're under some kind of sad delusion that Japan is sitting on their asses "waiting" for the PS3 to drop in price because they're these diehard Sony loyalists. NEWSFLASH: People go where the games are. Developers make games where the people go. If PS3 is not the place getting the games people are going to buy, they're not going to keep sitting on their asses until something associated with the Sony brand does come along. They're going to buy the console that's getting the games. This is how Sony stole the market in the first place, and this is exactly how they're losing it this gen.

4) So it's wrong for people to say that Wii won the war but it's okay for you and "other people" to say that 2008 is Sony's year? At least you can argue sales trends, but what the hell makes 2008 Sony's year? I can only think of 2 major games slated for 2008 that people keep hyping (MGS4/FFXIII) and that's hardly anything to bank on.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The problem is that the PS3 won't have a ten year period. The PS2 didn't even have a ten year period and it has the most dominant format.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
The problem is that the PS3 won't have a ten year period. The PS2 didn't even have a ten year period and it has the most dominant format.

ps2 had a 7 year period ;)

mM