By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Things I hate about Sony by a PS Fanboy

What is crazy is expecting no changes, then success.

It's not like it's hopeless for the PS3, but clearly something needs to change. With time, prices and games, things have changed and it has a shot. By sitting back and letting others grow, get better prices and games, they need to catch up for that change as well, yet your belief seemed to be that they will falter. MS currently has an enormous red X with their hardware, but once that gets solved, you think they'll slow back down?

I'd call that crazy, I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again, but I'll call that crazy.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

ok im a game player that loves games but to say the ps1 was cheaper then the n64 and did 3d before the n64 is bogus. if it wasnt for hte n64 everyone would still be playing 2d games. or fps games. and as for the ps1 being cheaper? $799 at launch is by no means cheaper then $250 the n64 had price issues for software yes but for what the system could do still amazes people to this day. it did not live up to its potential at all. same with every system out the actual potential of a gaming machine is never really reached. but to state those two facts that is where i stopped reading. and if you say oh it wasnt launched at that price i have a 1994 xmas buyers guide with price. it was released at that to compete with the 3do, cdi and guess what even the sega saturn was 799 at launch but sega very quickly dropped its price

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Hus said:
Fuzzmosis said:
Rocky Balboa is a fictional charecter, and starting a fight with taking as many shots to the face (And hitting yourself a few times) is rarely wise.

You know nothing about fighitng, nothing works better then letting some fool ware them selfs out. Then when they are tired and lazy and slow you destroy them.

Hell thats how Myweather beat De la hoya, Oscar had nothing left in the last few rounds.

Takes a bit of defense and balls, but works great.

so then the GCN can still beat the ps2 from what your analogy stats. nice one btw the ps2 did the opposite of what u just said and it won last gen. what makes u think the wii will not d the same? both the ps3 and xbox360 just ups the graphics and uses HD to do it an play their certain type of HD dvd's or blurays the HD market is slow in itself and maybe has 20% of homes u take that away then what? there is nothin new and innovating bout the ps3 and 360 at all and HD isnt innovating. the ps1 did cd's (innovation), ps2 had dvd's and a player built in (innovation) the ps3 bluray "dvd" and the same controler they had for years with tilt sensors built in "wow sarcasm" (not innoation) so like i said in what u said in this post that any day the GCN can and will beat the ps2. and yes i just compared the ps3 to a GCN

rockstarjerry981 said:
Hus said:

Well 360 is already struggling world wide evan losing sales to th emush more expensive PS3.  Wii like i said before, its great for short term.

Well what is crazy ? 

Yeah, and according to Sony the DS was also good for the short term, but after that massive ass whoopin in the handheld arena they shut up.

yeah and the ds is still whoopin up on the psp. so whats next? in 5 years from now when the wii hits 50-100million will these same guys still hold to what they are saying now that the ps3 will catch up and pass the wii? i think they wont

scorptile said:
rockstarjerry981 said:
Hus said:

yeah and the ds is still whoopin up on the psp. so whats next? in 5 years from now when the wii hits 50-100million will these same guys still hold to what they are saying now that the ps3 will catch up and pass the wii? i think they wont

is it just me or did you guys misinterpret the 10 year plan thing.
 imagine 4 years from now when the wii and xbox 360 stops selling..
reasons? Wii2 and Xbox(insert number here) comes out.
now i dont know handheld lifespans but i think there would be a DS2 and PSP2 aswell.
now who has the biggest install base?. a safe venture for 3rd parties?.
i always figured that Square and Konami moved DQ and Tales to DS because all next gen consoles
 are just starting while the handhelds already have a big install base..

Now look at this imaginary numbers(bear with me)
wii2- 5 mil
xbox???- 2.5mil
ds2-10 mil
psp2- 4.9mil
ps3- 42mil

doesnt the ps3 look pretty good right now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

If the PS3 could get the additional 38 million sales in that time (182K/week from now on) it may not need to claim last place. But.... why, oh why would they chose the last place PS3 instead of, doing what they do now, putting their game on the best selling console of last gen (PS2)? For instance, if the Wii sold 100 Mill, and developers wanted a profit...

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

That means that developers should just put their best games on the PS2 still because 120 mil looks so much better compared to 360's 10 mil.

you guys do know that the ps2 is dying.. sony abandoned it already because its more current/better big brother is out. that wont be the case 4 years from now.. and why would they make the game on an older sytem? its like putting MGS2 on ps1 eventhough the ps2 was out already.. do you think theyll start developing the next DQ and Tales game on the Wii even though Wii2 is out?
and if developers speak the truth that they havent even tapped 1/3 the power of the cell the ps3 will just keep improving..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I'll mention what else they made mistakes on when it comes to the gaming business.

1) Including the Blu Ray drive instead of making it optional effectively put the price beyond the reach of most people and thus killed sales after the launch period. This decision was made from the perspective of Sony as a whole and it could pay off in that but when it comes to the console war it is a big negative.

2) Too much reliance on first/second party. PS2 had great first and second party stuff but it also had the best 3rd party support. Missing out on chances for Assassin's Creed and others as exclusives was a huge mistake. This is basically Sony relying too much on their own games.

3) Goes with 2, not puttin enough work into cooperation with 3rd parties. By this I mean either, buying 3rd party exclusives (incentives) and/or publishing games for developers to get more 2nd party exclusives (what MS is doing with Mistwalker and Real Time Worlds).

Anyway, when it comes to number 2 and 3 they have been moving in the right direction the last couple of months, a bunch of new 3rd party exclusive stuff has been revealed lately and hopefully the trend will continue.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

iclim4 said:
you guys do know that the ps2 is dying.. sony abandoned it already because its more current/better big brother is out. and why would they make the game on an older sytem? its like putting MGS2 on ps1 eventhough the ps2 was out already..
and if developers speak the truth that they havent even tapped 1/3 the power of the cell the ps3 will just keep improving..

Sony hasn't abandoned the PS2 at all. Have you seen the games coming for it? Some of the best games this year have been on the PS2. If they had abandoned it it would be dead like the Xbox and Gamecube but it isn't.

Sony is actually making PS2 games, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal, Singstar among others.

I expect PS2 to still be getting games in the holiday season of 08. They should keep supporting it for a long time, as they are making great profit off of it and they shouldn't cut support for it till the PS3 is approaching mass market pricing.

The people picking up PS2s are not gonna get PS3s at 500 or 600 dollars, if there were no more games and the PS2 disappeared from shelves then those people would move to getting Wiis more likely than getting PS3s...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!