By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hirai: Xbox "lacks longevity" and Wii doesn't count so PS3 will win.

HappySqurriel said:
Pristine20 said:
Seriously, did you guys expect Kaz to come out and say "I agree with all the game journalists, ps3 is doomed" or "ps3 is in last place and it's future looks bleak"? Is that what you would've said if you were in his shoes? I guess that's why he is CEO and chances are that you could never get to that kind of position.

They could try to learn from Nintendo, and rather than making outrageous claims they could demonstrate how the PS3 is successful regardless of its performance in the console war ...

I completely agree with you Happy.  Barack Obama destroyed John McCain and Hilary Clinton not by attacking his competition, but by emphasising his strengths 2 moves ahead of his competition.  I hate to say it but, this guy reminds me of GWBush with his "Mission Accomplished" sign; which could be argued to be the biggest mistake of his 8 year relevancy!  What happens when your leadership is out of touch with reality?  Just look at the state of my country right now...there obviously needs to be some new leadership at Sony Corp.

GO BARACK!!!

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
FishyJoe said:
I can think of more than a few dummies that made it to CEO.

ok, go ahead and spill the beans...

POTUS is the Ultimate Executive(IE Leader of the Free World)....GWBush.  I don't believe I have to put it to you any other way.

The wii has marketed its casual games better.  People dont understand that the PS2 invented the party games such as eyetoy (no controller except you) singstar and buzz but Wii captilised on this market with its console launch.  It really annoys me when people say the Wii is the party machine when the PS2 invented it and the PS3 has plenty of party type games such as singstar, buzz, little big planet and heaps of eyetoy games coming out on the ps2.  This will be the last time playstation will build a high spec console.  They will refocus next gen on the party games.  In the mean time the PS3 will be like the Gamecube good games but no significant sales.

i think it is awesome u gots to love a person like that never quits and will just keep swinging away baby just keep swinging

Bobbuffalo said:
You know, seriously, that kind of PRs really make me sad. Nintendo's and MS's PR comments are exagerated but at least they have their feet in their ground. They make you claim "yeah maybe but don't get nuts"

But this PR makes you claim instead "dude! c'mon! who are you trying to fool?!"

It may be the beginning of the end for Sony? if they don't replace him with somebody more humble and smart, maybe. I hope not.

MS has much more than a PR that says tons of bs, its CEO himself, but this doesn't seem to damage it. It's a bizarre world in that we live in and you must live with it. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
@Starcraft: Yeah, that would've been my guess, but was she an exchange student or something?

Yeah mate.  She did a year over there.

Why?

@Seancsm: You know, i'm not quite sure do you even understand what a party game is. Eyetoy is far away from party game. Basically it offers you only a single player gameplay. Besides, Eyetoy is a copy of Dreameye.
Buzz is a party game, without a doubt, but saying that "PS2 invented party games" just isn't true.
Party games have existed decades, although i'd remember that after Mario Party came out on N64, the type of games started to be called more widely as party games.

Also, saying that PS2 had and PS3 has plenty of party type games is just BS. It was easier to find a good party type game for GC, that it was to PS2.
Both, PS2 and PS3 had their focus on single player, while Wii is pushing multiplayer, which actually was one of the biggest reasons for the success of NES and it also contributes a lot for Wiis success. And there are number of reasons why the multiplayer is so important.

@Starcraft: Just asking. I found surprising one time that someone had posted (bad) finnish to my wall, but still well enough to form a sentence.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
@aavidbacon: If we think about what you said about 50% being new audience and 50% old audience, i think it's just about right at the end of the gen, but with 200M sold console, Wii accounts around 70% of the market.

If I got it rigth you´re saying that wii will sell 140m at end of the gen( I expect this numbers too), but the Hd will sell only 60mln ? Fail, they´re very close to that, this year they´ll pass this mark. My prediction is that at the end of the gen PS3 will sell colse to 80mln and x360 between 72-77 mln, if they keep their promise to mantain the x360 till PS3 is discontinued. Like I said almost 50/50 market (wii 140+/ PS3 80mln/ x360 74mln).

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

bdbdbd said:
@Seancsm: You know, i'm not quite sure do you even understand what a party game is. Eyetoy is far away from party game. Basically it offers you only a single player gameplay. Besides, Eyetoy is a copy of Dreameye.
Buzz is a party game, without a doubt, but saying that "PS2 invented party games" just isn't true.
Party games have existed decades, although i'd remember that after Mario Party came out on N64, the type of games started to be called more widely as party games.

Also, saying that PS2 had and PS3 has plenty of party type games is just BS. It was easier to find a good party type game for GC, that it was to PS2.
Both, PS2 and PS3 had their focus on single player, while Wii is pushing multiplayer, which actually was one of the biggest reasons for the success of NES and it also contributes a lot for Wiis success. And there are number of reasons why the multiplayer is so important.

@Starcraft: Just asking. I found surprising one time that someone had posted (bad) finnish to my wall, but still well enough to form a sentence.

I agree about multiplayer, especially local multiplayer where you play with friends in the same room. Statistically many more play that way than online.

numonex said:
3 years from now when PS3 still 10 million behind 360. Hirai will say: "PS3 is not competing with Wii or 360"

...says Nosterdamus