By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hirai: Xbox "lacks longevity" and Wii doesn't count so PS3 will win.

blue-lady said:
fkusumot said:
blue-lady said:
One of the most epic threads I have ever created and I have to go and do it under my ex-girlfriend's account?

Well. At least she was good for something.

Yours sincerely,
Starcraft.

This is your alt acct Starcraft? Cute name.

No no. It's genuinely her account.   She picked the name, I picked the password.

BIG mistake on her part lol.  She uses her account from time to time.  Sooner or later she'll figure out there are posts that aren't hers.

Especially if you make her get banned!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

i liked the part that Sony don't count Nintendo as a competitor. This makes everything perfect.

So according to this logic

1. Ms didn't count ps2 as a competitor which means that x-box won the last gen

2. Nintendo didn't count ps as a competitor which means that N64 won and the cartridge choice was fabulous that give them the first position.

I think when you are (sony) not very comfortable with your position you better stop talking at least and start making things to alter the status quo. Else you are sure to sink even deeper.

i wonder some times. Sony's executives  don't understand that they make people laugh with such comments?

I don't think the Wii is a direct competitor but it definitely is a competitor. Sony just realizes that it is futile to try to remarket the PS3 toward all the Wii casual userbase. It just wasn't designed for that.

The PS3 doesn't have any balls, I blame Wii Fit.

Yes that was a serious statement, the Wii cut the manly bits off the PS3.

Tease.

@aavidbacon: If we think about what you said about 50% being new audience and 50% old audience, i think it's just about right at the end of the gen, but with 200M sold console, Wii accounts around 70% of the market.

@Starcraft: Haha. See how you fail.
Btw, where did Blue-Lady learn finnish?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
@aavidbacon: If we think about what you said about 50% being new audience and 50% old audience, i think it's just about right at the end of the gen, but with 200M sold console, Wii accounts around 70% of the market.

@Starcraft: Haha. See how you fail.
Btw, where did Blue-Lady learn finnish?

Finland...

Starcraft sux, I like the name blue-lady better. I hope the mods permaban the Starcraft nick.

Tease.

@Starcraft: Yeah, that would've been my guess, but was she an exchange student or something?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

hey if the wii doesn't count as part of the the gaming industry then the ps2 doesn't either since it also appealed to lots of casuals and thats how it got most of its sales! man, the game industry is not doing good these days. back in the 80's the NES created a market of some 60 million. 3 generations later (the xbox/gc gen) the industry was down to 45 million.

too bad the gaming industry isn't part of that other industry that ps2 and wii are part of. cuz that industry is wayyyyy more popular!

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

numonex said:
3 years from now when PS3 still 10 million behind 360. Hirai will say: "PS3 is not competing with Wii or 360"

That was said like last year :P