By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hirai: Xbox "lacks longevity" and Wii doesn't count so PS3 will win.

Sony with a ten year console lifespan? Since when?

Around the Network

Yea i agree, im not reading the thread.

Sony's F----d and Hirai was better off just saying nothing

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Take a look at YoY comparisons about the american numbers that were posted over the holidays and you´ll see that despite no price drop the wii got a huge increase. They simply expanded pruduction. Being supply constraint means you are not selling all that you could. Is a business error and they corrected this xmas.

There´s also the fact that this gen is attypical in the sense that the 3rd and 2nd place not only are selling at acceptable amounts but receiveing a lot of attention from the media too. Is almost like they´re are not behind in numbers. My opinion is that long time gamers will not choose a wii over PS360.

They may even buy a wii, for one reason or another, but they will have a HD console. MY bet is that this public is the same amount as the wii new comers and Nintendo die hard fans. Wii will see a max of 55% market share and a min of 46%, between that.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

He sounds like he's 5. "Well, the Xbox is stupid, so it won't win. and Wii doesn't count! WE WIN!

I am waiting for Sony PR to say, "Well once production cost goes down, we will do a major pricecut which is sure to increase sales. From there we will close the gap in no time. Also Killzone 2 is sure to move tons of consoles as it becomes one of the best games of all time."

It seems the Sony executives need to be quiet and work on improving and defining their system.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Around the Network

3 years from now when PS3 still 10 million behind 360. Hirai will say: "PS3 is not competing with Wii or 360"

You know, seriously, that kind of PRs really make me sad. Nintendo's and MS's PR comments are exagerated but at least they have their feet in their ground. They make you claim "yeah maybe but don't get nuts"

But this PR makes you claim instead "dude! c'mon! who are you trying to fool?!"

It may be the beginning of the end for Sony? if they don't replace him with somebody more humble and smart, maybe. I hope not.

One of the most epic threads I have ever created and I have to go and do it under my ex-girlfriend's account?

Well. At least she was good for something.

Yours sincerely,
Starcraft.

blue-lady said:
One of the most epic threads I have ever created and I have to go and do it under my ex-girlfriend's account?

Yours sincerely,
Starcraft.

This is your alt acct Starcraft? Cute name.

fkusumot said:
blue-lady said:

Yours sincerely,
Starcraft.

This is your alt acct Starcraft? Cute name.

No no. It's genuinely her account.   She picked the name, I picked the password.

BIG mistake on her part lol.  She uses her account from time to time.  Sooner or later she'll figure out there are posts that aren't hers.