By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hypothethically, does the Conduit have any chance of outselling KZ2? Ltd.

It is possible, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen ...

How I would expect The Conduit to outsell Killzone 2 would be for it to sell moderately well initially (1 Million in the first 8 weeks) and then to see steady sales over time. Why the Conduit might have longer legs is (primarily) due to lower competition ... Killzone 2 will have to compete with Resident Evil 5, Chronicles of Riddick, ShellShock 2, and Fear 2 which were all released in a similar timeframe and appeal to people who are looking to shoot things.

Around the Network

I just do not see that happening, where i can see Kill zone selling 2 million within a few months , i see Conduit hitting 1 mililion in life time sales (best case scenario imho)

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

The Conduit will outsell it if it receives the appropriate support from SEGA.

This means two things. One, it needs advertisement. And two, it needs continued shipments. A lot of games, I think, are limited in sales because the publisher doesn't think they'll do well, so they (1) don't advertise, and (2) don't ship that many copies.

Rather foolish, IMO.

I doubt it will receive the support it needs to do that, though. I really, really do.

SW-5120-1900-6153

no

Yes it could..

will it... unlikely

Around the Network

I agree, certainly it could happen, but it's doubtful. KZ2 i'd set at 2-3 million ltd, The Conduit will probably beat 1 million, but not further than that

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I believe that KZ2 will sell fantastically, but not the 'ZOMG PS3 SAVIOR' numbers that get touted by some... people. I predict a very respectable 3.3-3.6 million.

Red Steel proved that there's at least some market for FPS games on the Wii--the game was very lackluster, yet broke the million mark. With a userbase of greater than 50 million, and with the ad campaign SEGA is reportedly busting out, I would see 2.5 million for The Conduit as a middle ground. If the game turns out to be completely awesome, toss another 1.2-1.4 million on there.

Basically, I see a 'small' chance of TC outselling KZ2.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Probably not but it is possible. The Conduit looks great, and I am buying it but I doubt it will outsell KZ2.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

I think they'll sell about even, with a slight advantage to KZ2 simply because FPS fans are probably more likely to have a PS3.

I think KZ2 will be the winner. As much as i am hyped by the conduit, the ps3 has more of an audience for these kind of games.

But I think the conduit will ultimately be the winner because it will demonstrate that high quality third party games DO sell on the Wii and that there is definitely an audience for it. Once the conduit starts racking up sells, more third-partys will come and maybe then we can talk about who will sell more: KZ3 or Conduit 2

:P

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy