By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hypothethically, does the Conduit have any chance of outselling KZ2? Ltd.

can you imagine the meltdown if it does?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:

Hopefully it doesn't mean your BFF is going to have to go through the steps to coping with grief again.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

It could. I give it about a 55% chance if you wait until at least 2010, as wii games are less front loaded...

KZ2 will most likely just hit 3 million range, like most popular PS3 games.

I think in lifetime sells, The Conduit has a good chance to hit 3 million range and above KZ2. If Nintendo helps to market The Conduit in some way then that chance increases 10 fold, it will look like a "Nintendo made game" to the masses and buy it.

Onyxmeth said:
psrock said:

Hopefully it doesn't mean your BFF is going to have to go through the steps to coping with grief again.

I'm not as crazy for Killzone as others are, but it would be a slap in the face for sure, and I believe over time if the conduit is good, it has a chance.

My BFF is more worried about Uncharted 2 Baby!!!!

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Onyxmeth said:
psrock said:

I'm not as crazy for Killzone as others are, but it would be a slap in the face for sure, and I believe over time if the conduit is good, it has a chance.

I think people need to come to the realization that as the Wii pulls further and further ahead of the PS3 that games of all variety are going to begin to sell better on the white box than the black box. The Wii is in the process of filling out that demographic the 360 and PS3 dominate in, and as it fills in and gets more male teenage to 20's buyers, it'll begin to sell these M rated games as fluidly as 360 is able to, and then better.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
psrock said:
Onyxmeth said:
psrock said:

I think people need to come to the realization that as the Wii pulls further and further ahead of the PS3 that games of all variety are going to begin to sell better on the white box than the black box. The Wii is in the process of filling out that demographic the 360 and PS3 dominate in, and as it fills in and gets more male teenage to 20's buyers, it'll begin to sell these M rated games as fluidly as 360 is able to, and then better.

The only reason The wii hasnt done this yet is the amazin software sellin power of the 360.

Next Gen 

In all honesty, I feel like the people who would be interested in the Conduit don't own a Wii.

On a sidenote, I feel like people who would be interested in the interactive movie known as "Heavy Rain" do own a Wii.  Soccer moms and 40+ adults would probably think that an interactive movie is the coolest thing ever, but they own a Wii.  The PS3 audience of, "we only play shooters and every other genre is crap by default" will totally sleep on Heave Rain, regardless of how good it is.

psrock said:
Onyxmeth said:
psrock said:
Onyxmeth said:
psrock said:

The only reason The wii hasnt done this yet is the amazin software sellin power of the 360.

... and that there hasn't been much for gamers to gravitate to.

HappySqurriel said:
psrock said:
Onyxmeth said:
psrock said:
Onyxmeth said:
psrock said:

... and that there hasn't been much for gamers to gravitate to.

There's that too for sure. However, I do feel that the Wii's demographic breakdown is more scattershot than the PS3 and 360, and that contributes to it not being able to sell the same kinds of games that they do at a higher rate than them even though there are more Wii's on the market.