By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 - updated impressions

Androo said:
^^ Actually Assasins Creed impressed me a tad more than Killzone in the animation/shadows department. Both seems fantastic though!

dam..

mM
Around the Network

you've been to war so you'd know? :P

no way does this look more involving than crysis... that's just madness talking.

If Killzone 2 plays as nice as it looks, it'll be a victory for Sony, cause the game and atmosphere are gorgeous.

OriGin said:
you've been to war so you'd know? :P

no way does this look more involving than crysis... that's just madness talking.

The character models in killzone 2 look as good if not better than the one's in crysis.

mM

^Any proof???? Or just your unbiased opinion???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Ok im sorry but im still not seeing it. Its pawned by pc, looks MARGINALLY better than gears of war and appears to have the same mediocre gameplay that made the first game so bland. ive said it before and ill say it again, PS3 OWNERS YOU HAVE ACTUAL GOOD GAMES TO BRAG ABOUT, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ON SOMETHING THAT WOULD APPEAR TO BE A PRETTY LOOKING UPDATED VERSION OF A GAME THAT GARNERED POOR POOR REVIEWS

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Ok im sorry but im still not seeing it. Its pawned by pc, looks MARGINALLY better than gears of war and appears to have the same mediocre gameplay that made the first game so bland. ive said it before and ill say it again, PS3 OWNERS YOU HAVE ACTUAL GOOD GAMES TO BRAG ABOUT, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ON SOMETHING THAT WOULD APPEAR TO BE A PRETTY LOOKING UPDATED VERSION OF A GAME THAT GARNERED POOR POOR REVIEWS

I am so tired of this argument.

1. You have never played the first game I can guarantee.

2. The PS3 is about 10x more powerful than the PS2 in what it can do, so that is like comparing 3d on the SNES to the N64. 

In any case, everything I see about this game makes me more excited about it.  I too was worried that this game would fail to live up to the expectations (which were ridiculously high), but this really does look like the kind of game that earns 10's.  It might even be better than Bioshock depending on how well the multiplayer runs.  I  am very confident it will be a better game than Halo 3.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

it feels more involving cause of all the things happening around you.
id buy this if they supported KnM.. or atleast 2 player coop. Reason?.
i liked resistance for its 2 player co-op, controls was okay, but yesterday when i tried the darkness demo, analog controls was really hard, and so frustrating maybe im just sucking because i havent played FPS games on a console for a long time, but yeah no more analog FPS controls for me..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I have stayed away from Metroid boards, and Halo boards, so please don't come in and ruin Killzone boards. This is the best looking game show so far, and that can not be argued. It may not look better than gears or crysis, in a picture comparison, but in motion this is the game to be toped. It is one of the only games that has put good graphics, with a lot going on (more than Resistance even), Amazing animation, and a smooth frame rate (as of what we have seen so far). This game also has a lot of time before it will come out, so expect, better texture work, and better effects (smoke, fire, explosions, ect.). This is one of the best games slated for the PS3 and every one evn non playstation fans should be somewhat interested in this game, if only to find out how it does. Please keep the crap in the Nintendo and MS fourms, and we will keep ours here.

Thank You!

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

akuma587 said:
starcraft said:

I am so tired of this argument.

1. You have never played the first game I can guarantee.

2. The PS3 is about 10x more powerful than the PS2 in what it can do, so that is like comparing 3d on the SNES to the N64.

In any case, everything I see about this game makes me more excited about it. I too was worried that this game would fail to live up to the expectations (which were ridiculously high), but this really does look like the kind of game that earns 10's. It might even be better than Bioshock depending on how well the multiplayer runs. I am very confident it will be a better game than Halo 3.

Wow, that's high praise.  Bioshock might end up being the highest rated game ever, and yet contains no multiplayer on a first person shooter.  Strange times we live in.  I hope to play Bioshock on the PC soon, however.  Thanks for countering his ridiculous statement, however.  You are probably right about #1.