By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 - updated impressions

bloody hell people, there is more than one troll in the world.

just because someone is acting like an idiot, doesn't automatically make them gballzack. I wish I was a mod so I could ban the next person who says "GBALLZACK!" at the first sign of someone disagreeing with them. Give up already, move on!

As for the topic, killzone looks nice, it appears to show that if you throw enough money at something, it can look good. But I'm still not interested.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:
bloody hell people, there is more than one troll in the world.

just because someone is acting like an idiot, doesn't automatically make them gballzack. I wish I was a mod so I could ban the next person who says "GBALLZACK!" at the first sign of someone disagreeing with them. Give up already, move on!

As for the topic, killzone looks nice, it appears to show that if you throw enough money at something, it can look good. But I'm still not interested.

I'm just glad it wasn't just me that thought Gballzack was the worst troll on this forum.

Oh, I'm also very glad that Killzone 2 is turning out to be a great game, hopefully as good as it looks. 

AllAll said:
How about nintendo fanboys stay the hell out of the sony forum, ahh that would solve it.

Killzone2 easily has the best lighting on any game, when the gun fires its just wow.

Oh sorry, I won't start these threads in the future ;)

Its amazing how quickly this thread got OFF the topic of Killzone and on to flaming (the Mario preview thread was the exact opposite BTW).

FPSs aren't my thing, but I think this looks great. As I said, Sony seems determined to make the most graphically realistic FPS ever. The rest of the game is the real challenge though - can this get close to Bioshock review scores?

(its also interesting to see that all three consoles will end up with "10/10" titles - no great surprise really. Maybe they cancel the effect of each other out?). 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Killzone really does have some of the *HOLY CRAP* graphics I have seen since the first screenshots of Crysis emerged. Yet the art stlye just doesn't go with me. It's too grey for my liking - Haze/CoD4 is more my taste for an FPS. Just my opinion!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

veeerry nice!
looking forward. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

In motion this is the best looking game shown to date, and it is not even finished. Crysis may look realer, but the feel of the game is just not as involving. This game feels alive. The anamation, and lighting are toped by no one. I have never seen shadows move so smoothly or more detailed, and never before has a video game charictor reacted so realisticly to being shot. Once this game is out, it will be quite a while before anyhting else gets to its level, it is complete.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

^^ Actually Assasins Creed impressed me a tad more than Killzone in the animation/shadows department. Both seems fantastic though!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

I think the fact that it has a first person cover system takes it up from a regular shooter.

First one was great this one will be 10x better.How can they get a game to look like that in game its like FF FMV sequences but in game its just stunning.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Personally I love dirty, rusty graphics like this... Everything is gray, sad and dark... Cool. This is war.