By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Full scale Pokemon RPG for home consoles - Why not?

Pokemon has been around for 10+ years now :O and I have to say very shockingly it has still not seen a full scale version on home console like Diamond/Crystal/Green for the handhelds. What on earth could be the reason for this, surely they can employ more people at GameFreak to make a console game.

10 million sales for a console version no problem, no problem at all.

Around the Network

I've been waiting for something like that since the N64.

^ me too

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

My wife would leave me if this game came out.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

RPG said:

Pokemon has been around for 10+ years now :O and I have to say very shockingly it has still not seen a full scale version on home console like Diamond/Crystal/Green for the handhelds. What on earth could be the reason for this, surely they can employ more people at GameFreak to make a console game.

I take it you didn't like Gale of Darkness.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
RPG said:

I take it you didn't like Gale of Darkness.

I think that was the most likely reason.  Gale of Darkness wasn't that good of a game.

Oh yeah I loved Gale Of Darkness, collecting all those gym badges like the handheld games, all those side quests..........oh wait. :O

There will never be a full scale Pokemon game on a home console. The series is about social playing thru battling/trading with friends. That can't be done with one file on a home console.

Pixel Art can be fun.

ditto

with the wii's success I hope they want to do this!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

SmokedHostage said:
There will never be a full scale Pokemon game on a home console. The series is about social playing thru battling/trading with friends. That can't be done with one file on a home console.

Make 2 different console versions and hook them both up to the wfc.  Done.