By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo or Resistance ??

Resistance single player is about 5 - 6 hours, could be less if you're really good could be more. I did superhuman in 4 however when i first played it took me about 7 on hard.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
martjuh ! said:
how long is the singleplayer in resistance 2 ?

About 10 hours, Halo 3 is about 6 to maybe 7 hours, just like Call of Duty 4. They can however be finished quicker, doing a rush job.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

They can however be finished quicker, doing a rush job.

Good games like Half-Life 2 and FallOut 3 can for example be finished in only 1 and a half hours. But I took multiple times that amount to finish Half-Life 2 and wouldn't have enjoyed the game as much if I tried to rush it.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

and wich of the 2 come with a better package for online like wich have more maps and modes etc.

@ martjuh:

Resistance 2 has several large maps, which get divided and closed off, depending on the mission in co-op.

You can have a 3-1-2 variety for one map, and the next time you do that map, it might be 2-3-4, with more difficulty put into the latter stages (meaning that the part you've done already might actually be easier the next time around, or more difficult).

And then you have the competitive, which has many modes, (skirmish rules them all >_>).
In skirmish, you get objectives to be met and a certain time to achieve them in. If you succeed or fail, you will be given another objective, keeping the pace in the game.

To top that off, you get ranks and bonuses when you achieve certain levels within your character (soldier - medic - spec ops in coop), those can be weapons or upgrades or special powers (berserks).

So in view of online, Resistance2 does its job more than adequately. Can't speak for Halo since I don't have that one.

Around the Network

Resistance 1 was good.
Resistance 2 suuuccssk!

Take my love, take my land..

martjuh ! said:
and wich of the 2 come with a better package for online like wich have more maps and modes etc.

Halo 3 has 11 multi-player maps, Resistance 2 has more. In total there are 70 maps for all the varierty of modes (single player and online), Resistance 2 has more (and more unique games modes, like 8-player online co-op campaign) game modes.

PS3 vs 360 sales

come on don't trust fanboys like MikeB please.

Just get some other sources. Might wanna check metacritic?

• Halo: 97%
  • Halo 2: 95%
  • Halo 3: 94%

on the other hand

• Resistance FoM: 86%
  • Resistance2: 87%

Okay, maybe you say reviews suck (like I do) and you wanna go by sales?

• Halo: 6.43 million
  • Halo 2: 8.46 million
  • Halo 3: 8.96 million and selling

so what is Resistance doing?

• Resistance: 3.51 million
  • Resistance 2: 1.27 million and selling

Okay, you migh say, sales just don't matter when it comes to quality, let's check playtime. Playtime is very hard to track, but the fact that Halo3 is the most played game on Xbox Live. The average player spends 150 hours (!!!) with the game. That is what Robbie Bach said during CES. I did 1300 matches on Xbox Live. Let's say an match takes 8 minutes (normally 12 minutes, but let's say there were some connection-problems or whatever) That would be more than 173 hours of gameplay without the singleplayer or online coop!

So PS3-fans said Resistance2 will match Gears of War and they failed. But Halo is just another level. Nothing speaks for Resistance except fanboys.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Okay. I say this as a PS3 fan:

Halo is better in absolutely every way. Even though Halo 3 was a bit of a let down, it was better than Resistance 2. That doesn't mean R2 is bad, it just means Halo is awesome.

Going slightly off topic, CoD4 owns Halo 3, and KZ2 is looking to own CoD4. I say the current FPS king is Halo: Combat Evolved.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Resistance FOM is good, but not as good as Halo.
Haven't played Resistance 2 yet, but I doubt it will reach any of the Halo games, though I'm looking forward to play it.