By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Timers in film piss me off

Actually, i watched it on DVDs, and three times during an episode, there are about 2-3 min time jumps in the timer, which i assume are breaks in the TV version.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network
BringBackChrono said:
Actually, i watched it on DVDs, and three times during an episode, there are about 2-3 min time jumps in the timer, which i assume are breaks in the TV version.

You're probably right. I just know I've seen ads on Fox in the past about 24 being presented without interruption. I can swear I just recently heard it during NFL broadcasts for that Retribution movie they aired.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

24 has commercial breaks. It is just sometimes the opener has no breaks due to a sponsorship, but the season does have commercial breaks, and even the opener only lasts 42ish mins

insomniac17 said:
Snesboy said:
insomniac17 said:

Spaceballs is a great movie, and I'd imagine that's in there as a parody of every other movie that does this stuff.

It bothers me too, to the point where I actually time things to see if they're actually right or not. Then, when they aren't, I get frustrated that they couldn't have just put in the right amount of time, and then I move on and never think of it again. =)

It's allowed because it isn't a serious movie.

That's kinda what I meant. So yeah, I think we agree on that one. ^_^

one more post until 1000! go for it!