By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - SDF Reviews Bioshock...

Normally I would spend my time right now trying to defend the reviewer saying they have a right to their opinions and all that, but OMGLOLWUT?
Most retarded review I have ever read.

Around the Network

Uh...these guys are not listed on metacritic or gamerankings.com

Therefore, this counts as a blog.  I could create a website and rate a game and it would be worth as much attention as this thread.  I could call myself "Nintendo fanbois"

For all we know it's run by M$ people. 

endimion said:
http://fuckxbox.com/index.php
that one is fun too

The hate mail is unbelieveble.

mM

IMO, no game deserve a 10/10 or anything else in the world. But a 5/10...

Why am I not surprised at how many people here are offended by their opinion? I do agree with them on the character animation. The animation is pretty weak except for the big daddy and the little girls but the water and fire are some of the best I have ever seen. The design in this game is some of the best I have ever seen (I love the idea of an underwater city). If I were to give my opinion it would be more of a 9/10 but this is my opinion and I do not really care if people agree.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

we are not offended ????? we are laughing at how funny it is to read.... I didn't see any pb of stiffness on the characters, or not more than any other game, they do look like stiffer than what we've seen on halo 3 though ;P

yeah leo-j I like the one in caps that doesn't make sense at all lol where the dude is getting "sexual" with his XBox and else lol :)

oh by the way you want to laugh more you know what SDF means in French ??? it's the contraction for Sans Domicile Fixe, which basically means homeless people (anti moron warning: i'm not making fun of homeless people there but of Sony Defense Force)

shams said:

Well, this IS priceless. And people wonder why Sony fanboys are hated... :)

I love this (user) comment: "Oh NOES! a 5/10, that ought drag Bioshocks metacritic rating of 99% to… oh wait… that’s right, Sony Defense Force is about as credible as Fox News."

I think its time to review the SDF review itself:

Bias - 10: Pure brilliance. Surely is worth a 10, as it would be hard to be ever more biased with comments such as "compressed to fit on a DVD", "let this game cook in the oven just a little bit longer and wait for the superior PS3 version", etc.  And of course the name (SDF) doesn't help...

Intelligence - 3: Although the review itself seems to be written better than the average chimp, the content isn't. Not only is the game itself completely ignored - along with controls, skills, weapons, AI, story, atmosphere (etc) - the review takes a measely 2 paragraphs. And the few things that are credited - graphics - are ironically the elements that the PS3 could do better. Dumb.

Humour - 2 (or 10?): The review is either completely devoid of humour, or one of the most humourous pieces I have read. But since I can't actually tell, I'll assume its option#1 - and it gets 2.

Overall - 0: Instead of trying to develop some credibility, in order to be taken seriously and reverse some of the PR issues that Sony has - the site/review has managed to do the exact opposite. The overall score is given the same logic/thought process that the SDF gave Bioshock itself. Well done SDF - IQ of 20 and dropping.

Do you know what is funny?

If you send them a mail and say to them  that review is biased and stupid they probably say "yeah it is true and we want it that way :)."

Do you think they made this site to be taken serious?

Do you think that there lives an X360 owner who wants to read an review of the game will take this review serious and say" oh only 5 I will not buy it?"

In fact I think it is okay what they do.

What do you prefer in this example?:

Mario galaxy has released and the game haves an avarage game rating of 9.2/10 and SDF gives it 3.8/10 but there is also a site ( just for example Gamespot JUST AN EXAMPLE) that is always been biased to Nintendo games and gives it a 6.2/10.  A site where Wii owners will come and say oh that game is not so good like people said I will not buy it .

And everyone knows that there are sites biased against Nintendo games and that there are sites biased against PS3 and X360 too.

In my opinion I would be mad against Gamespot because they just gave a biased review when they say that they ARE NOT BIASED and I will not be biased against SDF because I know that no Wii owner will believe them.

Sqrl said:
Glad he posted it, I probably would of missed it. Definitely good for a few chuckles.

It really makes sony fanboys look a lot worse than they are...I mean we have some pretty rabid ones on this site but even our worst are not that bad and most are pretty tame.

Thats because the worst PS3 fanboy events that you see are actually the work of 360 or wii supporters.

SDF is owned and ran by the creators of Wii60.com. The whole petition for Final Fantasy 13 was done by Kevin Bowen of Something awful and while I don't have proof I am pretty sure the "PSTripple" guy is also not a PS3 fan either.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

There really wasn't a reason to revive a year old topic.

kn said:
Uh, OK. Opportunity lost for SDF to actually get some credibility in the community. 5/10. Riiiigggght.

You realize the site is a parody and is actually an insult aimed at the Sony fanboy and their stereotype online, right?

Kinda like the Colbert Report. Republicans actually like that show. Just like Sony fanboys like the SDF. It's not that they don't realize it's a parody of them, it's just that they don't care. It represents a picture of how they wish things were, and that is comforting as long as the parody doesn't break character.

If Colbert or the SDF broke character, that wouldn't be good for anyone.

These reviews aren't meant to be taken seriously, unless you actually think Colbert means everything he says.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.