By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - SDF Reviews Bioshock...

I know yall are probably tired of Bioshock threads and there's already a thread concerning Bioshock reviews, but I thought this one was especially funny.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sony Defense Force reviews Bioshock...

After many months of anticipation I finally got my copy of Bioshock and played through it over the past few days. There are many things to like about Bioshock such as the graphics (not animation), parts of the story and the water effects. That’s about where the good stuff ends.

First let me say how excited I was for the game after playing the demo on the 360. While the animation seemed stiff and you could tell the 360 was being pushed too hard it still looked like it had a lot of potential. So imagine my disappointment when I got the final version only to find none of the animation hitches, shooting glitches and AI was cleaned up. I also wonder how much better the graphics would’ve been had they not been compressed to fit on a DVD. Now I do not fault the developers for this, they only had so much system power to work with so maybe this will all be addressed with the PS3 version when it comes out.

To conclude, let this game cook in the oven just a little bit longer and wait for the superior PS3 version. Cleaned up textures, animations, AI, extra weapons, Home space, standard HDD and Blu-ray will make this flawed game into a perfect gem.

SDF Score: 5/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think a coworker put it best when he said about the last paragraph "Jesus Christ. I hate people. There are so many things wrong with that statement. I hope they die in a fire... or better yet... just die right now."

Around the Network

Whoops, forgot the link to the actual review, fixed it now.

Lol that is so unbiasseddd.. lol real review sites could learn a thing from these guys...

btw when did the sdf change their rivals to microsoft rather then nintendo...

is it when they thought the wii wouldnt be a worthy competitorr...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Uh, OK. Opportunity lost for SDF to actually get some credibility in the community. 5/10. Riiiigggght.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I have a new worst enemy. How these people don't get their fingers confiscated for typing such contrived garbage, is beyond me.

Done aggravated the swarm, damnit!

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

Around the Network

Thats a new level of fanboyism. He might as well of said "No wait guys! Seriously...the PS3 has good games too...but..uh..no......../whimper". Blatantly just trying to steal the thunder of what is clearly going to be a top contender for GoTY.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Sad.....

Yeah this was brought up in a different thread already, but whatever...it's ridiculous enough to warrant more bashing hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah this was brought up in a different thread already, but whatever...it's ridiculous enough to warrant more bashing hehe.

Whoops, did a quick look around but didn't see anything about the SDF but I'm also more or less blind sometime and there are a few Bioshock threads lately.  :-p

And yeah, it's always fun to laugh at the SDF and SPG.

Yeah, I love fanboy reviews)

True fighters don't wear socks.