By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Sigma sales

The site says it has sold 190,000 units. Tecmo has said that they have shipped 500,000 worldwide. You'd have to be out of your mind to think that their is really 310,000 units on shelves.

Link: http://kotaku.com/gaming/ship-shape/500000-ninja-gaiden-sigmas-out-290452.php

Unless, their is a huge number of copies pushed in Others ...... I know all the admins try really hard on this site, but there are a bunch of games missing EU and Others sales.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

If 500,000 was their initial shipment, then the size of the shipment wouldn't have any bearing whatsoever on how many are actually sold.

But like you acknowledge, Other numbers aren't included yet. So that's possibly one third of the shipment allocation right there. Not sure about how many have actually sold in Europe though. Factor in the slugish sales in Japan and NA and I don't see why it's hard to believe the game only sold 190,000 in those two regions combined

It's probably somewhere in the 250,000 range WW, which is half of it's initial shipment.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

outlawauron said:

The site says it has sold 190,000 units. Tecmo has said that they have shipped 500,000 worldwide. You'd have to be out of your mind to think that their is really 310,000 units on shelves.

Link: http://kotaku.com/gaming/ship-shape/500000-ninja-gaiden-sigmas-out-290452.php

Unless, their is a huge number of copies pushed in Others ...... I know all the admins try really hard on this site, but there are a bunch of games missing EU and Others sales.

Shipment numbers will probably always be a lot higher than this sites numbers ...

Consider how many videogame rental places there are in North America and how many of those will end up buying multiple copies of popular games; if you assume there is 1 place that rents this videogame for every 1,000 households in North America that works out to 100,000 rental places (it is probably closer to 25,000 to 50,000 places with some buying multiple copies of the game).

190,000 units sold to customers + 50,000 rental copies + 100,000 sold in the other regions = 340,000 which would leave (roughly) 160,000 copies on store shelves across all three regions; probably (roughly) 75,000 in North America which would not be that extreme.

I am glad that it didn't flop or anything. I really like this development team, a ton.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Sony said they shipped 500,000 copies of Motorstorm 1 month ago in the US and Japan. Actual sellthrough? About 150,000 less.

It's highly doubtful that VGC is off. First shipments can always underpreform. Tecmo actually said they shipped 450,000 units, not 500k.

So VGC has around 190k for Japan and the US. In Europe, I would estimate sellthrough at 75k in Europe (give or take). That'd give us 265k w/w sales - more than half the initial shipment. Which isn't too bad.

Stop trying to contradict VGC numbers based on assumptions that since Tecmo sent 450-500k that it *must* mean that sellthrough has been higher - after all, no company has ever overshipped a game, right?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Why is it so damn hard to understand shipped vs sold? Is there some kind of mental impairment that prevents fanboys from recognizing the difference?

NGS... because of this game I feel old and awkward. Game is great but it REALLY is difficult... I'm in chapter 5 so far so the real game probably didn't start yet... I think mrstickball's numbers are pretty fair - it will sell around ~175k in US, ~100k in JP and ~150k in Others... budget edition will move some units too...

I guess some people still havent figured out that this site is pure bullshit

I'm starting to wonder if people make these threads just so their rebel friends can come in and talk trash about the site right before being slapped with the ban stick.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@ClaudeLv250

My rebel friends???? Ive never heard of DRE2002!

What I was trying to say is that for over 300,000 units to be sitting on shelves would be very strange as Tecmo is still shipping the game.

@FishyJoe
I wasn't saying that 500,000 were sold! I was trying to say that to have so many units sitting on the shelves is quite strange. Nothing about being a fanboy of any kind makes me not see the difference.

@stof

500,000 again wasn't the initial shipment. It has shipped from now 500,000.

@mrstickball

I not saying the VGC is way off, but could have undertracked that it to Pokemon D/P last month in June.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.