By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Sigma sales

The recent Tenchu games are bad I know. I don't have any knowledge of the quality.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

Also, have you faced the spider ninjas yet if you're in chapter 5? I can't remember if they start in 5 or 6 but those guys are the first tough (NG tough) enemies in the game.

Nope... I have a hard time with some badass ninjas with granades though...

Edit: Actually I didn't spot spider sign on their unifoms... so yes I've faced them... and you are right they are tough...

considering the install base of the PS3 NGS has done pretty well for a remake. But then NG on Xbox was not a million seller (single territory) in the U.S or E.U for that matter and a flop in Japan. Sales would have been between 1.25-1.4 million (including black) world wide with the xbox ww installbase at 10 million. (one out of 7 xbox owners bought NG)
Right now NGS sales would stand at 250-300K on a install base of 4 million. That means one in 16 PS3 owners have bought NGS. Games like NGS should sell well into 750K-1 mill into their lifetime.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

akuma587 said:
I am glad that it didn't flop or anything. I really like this development team, a ton.

It really boils down to what can be considered a flop.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Hmm ,Tecmo explained they had shipped some 450 000 units of the game when it was released .

But this time its a different occasion .Like it or not Tecmo has just recently said they have sold 500K units of the game .So ,aside of the absent Pal area data for the game it is possible it has been drastically undertracked in NA as well .

Around the Network

link other than the original that says that? all that original post link says is they SHIPPED 500 thousand copies, where in said link does it say they SOLD 500 thousand copies.

if you think vg is inaccurate YOU look up the console sales figures from all major places and compare the total figures.

this site is within acceptable error range ..(under 5%) for the total console sales for all 3 new consoles

Sporticus said:
akuma587 said:
I am glad that it didn't flop or anything. I really like this development team, a ton.

The game is a port of a port. How much did people really expect it to sell?

I think that over 250,000 should be considered acceptable since it's only a port. The difficulty will also turn people off, the game is insanely hard to the point of frustrating. That sort of thing does not attract large sale numbers.

jhlennon1 said:
Sporticus said:
akuma587 said:

The game is a port of a port. How much did people really expect it to sell?

I think that over 250,000 should be considered acceptable since it's only a port. The difficulty will also turn people off, the game is insanely hard to the point of frustrating. That sort of thing does not attract large sale numbers.

Objectively we can assume that if a game fails to turn the desired profit sought by the developer or publisher or fails to garner support for future development on that console then its a flop.

Since we do not yet know if the game can be considered a success in either of these regards, its anyone's guess.

I'm just glad to see RE4 Wii outselling its life long sales expectations of 450k WW in only its first two months. Though with the Wii's current underbase and RE4's greater market appeal, its really not fair to compare the two. In fact I'm sure if you compared the two to their console's underbase proportionately Ninja Gaiden Sigma would have sold much better with all due considerations, but whether that will be enough remains yet to be seen.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom