By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Sigma sales

Kasz216 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
shams said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
No offense to the crowd doing damage control, but I don't believe a lot of numbers on this site and I see why so many people are skeptical. You cannot use this site as a credible source.

Before anybody says anything, the reason I come here is to look at people's prediction, as well as give my own, and talk about trends and sales and stuff that I like.

LOL, so what do you believe?

NPD figures... right? What about Famitsu figures? And so what happens when VGChartz and NPD align?

Its best not to say "don't believe figures here" without providing some proof. It gets people all worked up and such ;)

(feel free to say that you don't believe our figures are "accurate enough" - that is a valid critisicm - just don't think for a second that someone like, makes these numbers up...).

Without going much into it because I don't want to start a debate, I do not believe the numbers on this site are credible. Also yes, IMO NPD is more credible, Famitsu is more credible, MC is more credible than VGChartz, again this is my opinion.

And since when do you have to have proof for something that you believe (or in this case don't) believe in?

I have my reasons as to why I'm skeptical about the numbers and data on this site, but I'm not a troll nor do I wish to detract from the TS question, so I will keep those reasons to myself. With the exception of a few bad apples, this is a good community to talk about numbers, data, trends and the like. That's is the main reason I come here.

Well it's good to have proof one way or another before forming an opinion. You don't need proof to disbelieve something nor do you need proof to believe something. You run a high risk of looking like a fool if you make your opinions without proof however or atlest some evidence on why you think things are one way or another.

The only proof you can get one way or another on this site is statistically. Considering how spot on they are with Famatsu, NPD and Media Crate... there numbers are either credible or they are extremly extremly lucky when it comes to predicting and making up numbers.

They could be making it up... but it's quite the statistical longshot.

Agree 100% with the 1st bold part.

What kind of proof or evidence does vgchartz have (on the 2nd bold part)?

I know people will quote and answer me, but I won't debate why I take the numbers and data from this site with a grain of salt. I will continue chatting about other stuff though.

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
Sporticus said:
Another thread where we complain about the game we want to sell better not showing the sales numbers we want on VGchartz.

I think part of his complaint is that there's no Euro/Others number in the games database, considering NGS has been out for a couple of months in Europe, it's a valid complain IMO

True, but that's how it is for 90% of the games in the database. This isn't a one game isolated incident.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Viper1 said:
ckmlb said:
Does anyone have the numbers for the original game and black? Cause if it outsold those on a much smaller install base then that's already a pretty big success for Tecmo.

I don't have anything official but I've heard 900k a few times.  I believe that was NG and NG: Black combined though.

???? I thought NG was a flop on the Xbox. I guess US and European sales were very good then for both versions.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Sporticus said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Sporticus said:
Another thread where we complain about the game we want to sell better not showing the sales numbers we want on VGchartz.

I think part of his complaint is that there's no Euro/Others number in the games database, considering NGS has been out for a couple of months in Europe, it's a valid complain IMO

True, but that's how it is for 90% of the games in the database. This isn't a one game isolated incident.

Very true, maybe he just decided to bring this one game up based on Tecmo's recent statements?

FilaBrasileiro said:
Kasz216 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
shams said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
No offense to the crowd doing damage control, but I don't believe a lot of numbers on this site and I see why so many people are skeptical. You cannot use this site as a credible source.

Before anybody says anything, the reason I come here is to look at people's prediction, as well as give my own, and talk about trends and sales and stuff that I like.

NPD figures... right? What about Famitsu figures? And so what happens when VGChartz and NPD align?

Its best not to say "don't believe figures here" without providing some proof. It gets people all worked up and such ;)

(feel free to say that you don't believe our figures are "accurate enough" - that is a valid critisicm - just don't think for a second that someone like, makes these numbers up...).

Without going much into it because I don't want to start a debate, I do not believe the numbers on this site are credible. Also yes, IMO NPD is more credible, Famitsu is more credible, MC is more credible than VGChartz, again this is my opinion.

And since when do you have to have proof for something that you believe (or in this case don't) believe in?

I have my reasons as to why I'm skeptical about the numbers and data on this site, but I'm not a troll nor do I wish to detract from the TS question, so I will keep those reasons to myself. With the exception of a few bad apples, this is a good community to talk about numbers, data, trends and the like. That's is the main reason I come here.

Well it's good to have proof one way or another before forming an opinion. You don't need proof to disbelieve something nor do you need proof to believe something. You run a high risk of looking like a fool if you make your opinions without proof however or atlest some evidence on why you think things are one way or another.

The only proof you can get one way or another on this site is statistically. Considering how spot on they are with Famatsu, NPD and Media Crate... there numbers are either credible or they are extremly extremly lucky when it comes to predicting and making up numbers.

I know people will quote and answer me, but I won't debate why I take the numbers and data from this site with a grain of salt. I will continue chatting about other stuff though.

The proof is in that it statistically matches up with the NPD, Media Crate, Famatisu and even sony's data in a continued statistically relevent way.  Something that would be impossible if someone was just making up numbers.  It pretty much proves they are tracking things.  Either that or that they should give up running this site and instead buy a lot of lottery tickets.

Pretty much if you look at things statistically if you take those numbers as statistically valid then you have to take VGchartz numbers as statistically valid. 

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
Kasz216 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
shams said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

The proof is in that it statistically matches up with the NPD, Media Crate, Famatisu and even sony's data in a continued statistically relevent way. Something that would be impossible if someone was just making up numbers. It pretty much proves they are tracking things. Either that or that they should give up running this site and instead buy a lot of lottery tickets.

Ok

ckmlb said:
Viper1 said:
ckmlb said:
Does anyone have the numbers for the original game and black? Cause if it outsold those on a much smaller install base then that's already a pretty big success for Tecmo.

I don't have anything official but I've heard 900k a few times. I believe that was NG and NG: Black combined though.

???? I thought NG was a flop on the Xbox. I guess US and European sales were very good then for both versions.

Iit sold far better in the US than Japan but given the console, that's none to surprising.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Tenchu better ninja game

Swisspour tourjours said:
Tenchu better ninja game

Im sorry, but that was the dumbest comment I have ever read. (not saying that you are dumb.)

Tenchu is a horrible game!! Doesn't even compare to Ninja Gaiden Black, Sigma, or the Orginial.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hmm on PS1 I loved the Tenchu games but yeah Ninja gaiden is better in fact I would not dare to compare them.