By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo: We Are Responsible For 99% Of Game Industry Growth In 2008

Groucho said:

What is the point of this statement, actually? Raising potential stock prices for those so ignorant about the industry that they are vulnerable to this kind of crazy spin?

The same point as every other kind of spin... Painting the image of your company's domination in the minds of those who read the spin.

That said, Nintendo doesn't really need to spin things to show they're dominating...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Well Nintendo has officialy killed off the industry according to that chart1

Groucho said:

What is the point of this statement, actually? Raising potential stock prices for those so ignorant about the industry that they are vulnerable to this kind of crazy spin?

Not all of us work in the industry Groucho, us naive folk  lol

Look Nintendo are gonna play any card theyre dealt, thats fine

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Khuutra said:
Groucho said:

It's pretty much just so they can make the most bad-ass pie chart in human history.

They should release a pie chart about how they dominate some huge % of all pie charts having to do with the games industry since 2008, and be sure to note that their own pie charts are even more dominating and therefore Nintendo is best.

Nintendo should now concentrate on dominating the handheld indus-

oh

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

@NJ5: I believe this is to show for third parties.

Which way do you think they calculated it? I believe they took their own growth away from the overall growth. Sony went down, but what kind of growth M$ had?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

They should have just went ahead and put 100%, lol.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

heh. damn arrogance. i hope all this ishtz don't go to nintendo's head..

i think they may have exaggerated a little bit anyway...

i don't know the total sales of either 2006 or 2007 but apparently while other companies had significant increase in revenues sales [hardware/software], OF the total revenues (Other hardwares/software plus nintendo’s) they are claiming they are responsible for that massive increase and also the reason why gaming industry isn't stumbling as every other industries out there and is affected the least by recession

i don't know.. that's what i got from the article LOL

it's all spin anyway, though i do not understand why they have to spin anything

bdbdbd said:
@NJ5: I believe this is to show for third parties.

Which way do you think they calculated it? I believe they took their own growth away from the overall growth. Sony went down, but what kind of growth M$ had?

Well the way I showed above. You calculate total industry 2007 revenue, the same for 2008 and that's industry growth. Then you take your own growth as see how much it is as a percentage of the industry growth.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

take that, Microsoft