By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best Ps3 game so far?

KylieDog said:
Amazing how everyone list exclusives. It is like no multiplat game is good.

also funny how they can't list ONE game ever.  Must be they are so used to always listing a big list of games to try and persuade us well informed gamers online that we should go out and buy a PS3.  And habits are hard to break.

Around the Network

it's to many but i would have to say mgs4

everyone Rent/buy pineapple express it's tight

Barozi said:
KylieDog said:

Didn't know I'm allowed to name multiplat games....

I don't own the PS3 versions, but I would nominate Call of Duty 4, Fallout 3, Bioshock & Assassin's Creed as the best PS3 games.

At least until Killzone 2

@Kantor

I'm only at the end of the first Act of MGS4 but so far I think MGS 2 is better.

What's wrong with Uncharted's score ? I think there are too many enemies in the games. That's basically the reason why I didn't give it a 9.0 score.....

It starts getting really good in Act 2, becomes excellent in Act 3, is unbelievably awesome in Act 4, and...just ignore Act 5 please.

Uncharted did have quite a few enemies, but they weren't exactly hard to kill. No, it really went downhill with (UNCHARTED SPOILERS) the zombies.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

irstupid said:
KylieDog said:

also funny how they can't list ONE game ever.  Must be they are so used to always listing a big list of games to try and persuade us well informed gamers online that we should go out and buy a PS3.  And habits are hard to break.

What is with some people?

Perhaps, and I know this is a long shot, some genuinely had a difficult time deciding on one. Of course, there are a few select people who would do as you say, but there's no need to draw attention to them, or to yourself, by making this useless contribution.

I say this without any malice, I'm just simply trying to point out how petty this 'observation' really is.

I really can't see why Metal gear solid 4 is overlooked as the best ps3 game so far. I mean, out of all the games, its the only one to sell 1 million first week. The game lived up to its hype unlike LBP.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Though choice, I think I'd put Uncharted slightly higher then MGS4

Kantor said:
Barozi said:
KylieDog said:

I don't own the PS3 versions, but I would nominate Call of Duty 4, Fallout 3, Bioshock & Assassin's Creed as the best PS3 games.

@Kantor

I'm only at the end of the first Act of MGS4 but so far I think MGS 2 is better.

What's wrong with Uncharted's score ? I think there are too many enemies in the games. That's basically the reason why I didn't give it a 9.0 score.....

It starts getting really good in Act 2, becomes excellent in Act 3, is unbelievably awesome in Act 4, and...just ignore Act 5 please.

Uncharted did have quite a few enemies, but they weren't exactly hard to kill. No, it really went downhill with (UNCHARTED SPOILERS) the zombies.

Damn I don't know why I've read that spoiler, but oh well I also know what happens at the end of Resistance 2 without even playing the first level ^^

You made me curious. When does this happen in Uncharted ? In the middle of the game or more in the end ?

Barozi said:
Kantor said:
Barozi said:
KylieDog said:

@Kantor

Damn I don't know why I've read that spoiler, but oh well I also know what happens at the end of Resistance 2 without even playing the first level ^^

You made me curious. When does this happen in Uncharted ? In the middle of the game or more in the end ?

Near the end. In an underground cavern. They were fun to shotgun, and it made sense from a story point of view, but still!

Meh, I guess they weren't that bad. It was just kind of disappointing to go from the lush green forest to an annoying underground cave for five chapters.

Play through it, finish it. It's worth it. Not least because you get a Gold Trophy.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Mgs4, especially if you followed the series.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

GTA 4, though I haven't played Metal Gear Solid (the demo was boring) and LBP yet (LBP I'll definitely buy some day).