By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

i added the vid, you can watch it in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvYFZ7ZoFlg&feature=channel_page

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Can I just take this opportunity to say that anyone who refuses to play any game, no matter how good, just because it uses dual analog after having dealt with it for nearly a decade before the Wii remote was invented is a complete moron.

Having said that, IR is clearly superior.

I agree with that logic, but it also extrapolates to the HD console owners, who have been playing games with a worse quality of graphics by about two decades and now they can't deal with the graphics cause "looks like shit" or it isn't HD

Having said that, i didn't liked any shooter with dual analog cause i'm lefty, and i've really  liked the wii's IR, it fits me a lot more. So i'm not a moron lol

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

J-Favs said:
^^ Is anyone else reminded of GoldenEye in the early development build or is it just me?

You are not the only one.

"The Conduit is just another generic FPS"

"OMG KILLZONE 2 LOOKS AWESOME I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME"

I think any supporter of The Conduit can agree, if this game was on the 360 / PS3 with excellent graphics, it would be hyped.

The Conduit is no more generic than Killzone 2 or Resistance, it deserves the same level of hype PS3 fans are giving those games.

uno said:
Well I am excited again for this game. Looks fun.

Everyone is saying Conduit will use Motion Plus but how? It wont help out the IR pointer. Or will it? Not sure what gameplay element would use Motion+ in Conduit. Its not a sword game.

Currently the Wii loses any 3D spatial detection when the pointer goes off screen (which is why an in game camera can go spastic).  Using the extra sensors will allow the Wii to calculate where the Wii remote is pointing even if it's no longer pointing at the screen.  This will keep the camera from going spastic.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
uno said:

Everyone is saying Conduit will use Motion Plus but how? It wont help out the IR pointer. Or will it? Not sure what gameplay element would use Motion+ in Conduit. Its not a sword game.

Currently the Wii loses any 3D spatial detection when the pointer goes off screen (which is why an in game camera can go spastic).  Using the extra sensors will allow the Wii to calculate where the Wii remote is pointing even if it's no longer pointing at the screen.  This will keep the camera from going spastic.

That is very true but from what I hear is WM+ (atleast when HVS first started talking about using it) was planned to be used for specific motions to do actions in the game and you could map your own motions via the custom controls screen.  Now that may have changed in the few months that have passed which I really like your idea so I really hope it's in there.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Viper1 said:
uno said:

That is very true but from what I hear is WM+ (atleast when HVS first started talking about using it) was planned to be used for specific motions to do actions in the game and you could map your own motions via the custom controls screen.  Now that may have changed in the few months that have passed which I really like your idea so I really hope it's in there.

@Bold... What? Where did you hear that, are you sure you didn't dream it.... All I remember is that the devs were lookig into M+ to see if it could be implemented for something.

Regarding what Viper said.... that could be the case. Sometimes if you point too far off screen and come back it will come back with the pointr upside down or something. (and moving in the mirrored way to where you move it)

The current remote does actually use th motion sensing in addition to the IR for pointing, mostly for the twist-ability. Check it out on the Wii menu with the blue hand, if you twist your wrist it turns the hand because the two points of reference on the IR sensor bar appear to be tunring to the remotes camera.

but if it were using IR only, then if you pointed off-screen, turned the remote upside down, and pointed back on screen it wouldn't realise you had turned the remote upside down.... so what it does is perform checks against the motion sensing accellerometers which can tell which way up the remote is. The instances when this hasn't worked are presumably because it isn't doing constant checks, but rather periodical.

Since the beginning I've said that this looks good for a Wii game, and the same phrase applies here.

What is good is that they finally fixed the textures. Which I guess is nice.

But this is a generic FPS that only has coverage because it's on the Wii. This game would get ignored on the PS360. I mean, if it isn't Gears, Halo, CoD, and to a lesser extent Resistance and Farcry, it doesn't really matter. Unfortunately that's the way the ball bounces. This game would fall into the Hazes, Darknesses, Turoks, GUNs and Timeshifts. It just doesn't compare. x_x

yeah its generic just like resistance 1 and 2!!!!

What exactly do people mean by generic? I want to know the definition of the word when it applies to video games. I would like to know what FPS gams aren't generic. It seems only very few are. Is Halo one? Half-Life? Bioshock?

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.