By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TWRoO said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Viper1 said:
uno said:
Well I am excited again for this game. Looks fun.

Everyone is saying Conduit will use Motion Plus but how? It wont help out the IR pointer. Or will it? Not sure what gameplay element would use Motion+ in Conduit. Its not a sword game.

Currently the Wii loses any 3D spatial detection when the pointer goes off screen (which is why an in game camera can go spastic).  Using the extra sensors will allow the Wii to calculate where the Wii remote is pointing even if it's no longer pointing at the screen.  This will keep the camera from going spastic.

That is very true but from what I hear is WM+ (atleast when HVS first started talking about using it) was planned to be used for specific motions to do actions in the game and you could map your own motions via the custom controls screen.  Now that may have changed in the few months that have passed which I really like your idea so I really hope it's in there.

@Bold... What? Where did you hear that, are you sure you didn't dream it.... All I remember is that the devs were lookig into M+ to see if it could be implemented for something.

Regarding what Viper said.... that could be the case. Sometimes if you point too far off screen and come back it will come back with the pointr upside down or something. (and moving in the mirrored way to where you move it)

The current remote does actually use th motion sensing in addition to the IR for pointing, mostly for the twist-ability. Check it out on the Wii menu with the blue hand, if you twist your wrist it turns the hand because the two points of reference on the IR sensor bar appear to be tunring to the remotes camera.

but if it were using IR only, then if you pointed off-screen, turned the remote upside down, and pointed back on screen it wouldn't realise you had turned the remote upside down.... so what it does is perform checks against the motion sensing accellerometers which can tell which way up the remote is. The instances when this hasn't worked are presumably because it isn't doing constant checks, but rather periodical.

I saw that somewhere not long after WM+ was confirmed for The Conduit, I think it was an MTV interview or something obscure like that, I was reading so many articles they kinda get mixed up in my head now.  And by planned I guess I should have made a different choice of words it was they were looking into doing something like specific motions and hopefully have custom controls map the motions, but again like many things from HVS during that time it could have been taken out of context and such.

If you remember right so many people took their splitscreen quote out of context and everyone believed at one point it would have splitscreen multiplayer and no LAN but it's the other way around... then if you tried to tell people differently they'd get their feathers all ruffled and show the misquote... then you had to search through pages of stories to find the real quote... oh those were fun times, anyway for some reason I quite remember that point but I know it wasn't from a major site interview it was one of those sites you never hear of that got an interview with HVS.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I wonder if you can use the wii zapper like in Medal of honor and Call of duty. That would be cool :D

funny I thought that Halo was too generic too o_O

Now i think AI in this game got a decent lever for shooting game(considering using a zapper ,it won't be easy to shoot 4-5 enemies in a small room.)

And it seems health bar in this game not regenerated ,so its uneasy for sure.

Hrmmmm... Hope there's room for more improvement, not sure what to make of this game as it stands. Looks like an early PS2 game...

Around the Network

Your recollection of early PS2 games and my recollection of early PS2 games must differ quite a lot.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Early PS2 games were barely an improvement over the N64.

People are really giving PS2 too much credit in the graphics department, go back and play some PS2 games because you clearly have no idea what they actually looked like.

Onimusha12 said:

Hrmmmm... Hope there's room for more improvement, not sure what to make of this game as it stands. Looks like an early PS2 game...

yes the conduit definitely looks like that

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The Conduit is no more generic than Killzone 2 or Resistance, it deserves the same level of hype PS3 fans are giving those games."

ha barely, the game looks really average...the AI looks plain and so do the graphics...seriously if you want to play a FPS go for a PS3 or 360...i dont know why this game is getting so much hype...

if this came out of ps3 or xbox 360 it would laughed off so bad that they wouldnt release it at all.....

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

masschamber said:
Onimusha12 said:

yes the conduit definitely looks like that

When you see it you'll shit bricks! (the face of the zombie on the far right)

Seriously that's some next gen technology right there my friend ;P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000