By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best upcoming indie games of 2009

I've saw Fez once and loved it, although I thought it was going to the X360? Crayon Physics is pretty known.

Thanks for the others, watching the videos as I type!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

That Love game seems pretty interesting too. That's why I love indie games. That sort of inspiration is rarely found in 50 dollar high budget retail games. But I think that's an idea that's good enough to be put into one. Very ingenious.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Sorry, wrong thread.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

@Noname: Thanks! I put Osmos up in the first post with some badly written info and a couple of links.

@Shio: Indeed, Love is awesome. The creator did however refer to the gameplay as being in the style of old Quake and Doom games. Run 'n gun, I think he called it. So for now that definition stays :)
Nice work on that thread, btw. You have some interesting games in there.

@Vess13: That's the exact feeling I get when I look at the Game of the Year awards. Some interesting stuff, but mostly MEH. So I know how you feel :)

This is invisible text!

Hopefully I will be releasing a couple games on XNA this year. Starting to build the game engine as of a week ago. Working on the menuing system and post processers using pixel shaders currently. XNA is a very nice framework.

Around the Network

some good looking games in here. thanks for the thread

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Can Fat Princess be counted as an indie game? Because that looks epic

Carl2291 said:
Can Fat Princess be counted as an indie game? Because that looks epic

Since Fat Princess is going to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment and is developed by Titan Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of Epic Games China, I'd say it falls pretty far out of the indie definition. That said, it DOES look to be a pretty neat game, what I've read about it.

This is invisible text!

Just a short update, Night Game has been announced as WiiWare, together with a nice trailer.

This is invisible text!

I'm a big fan of Indy games. I make it a duty to try every single XNA game that comes out. I have bought many of them as well. Keep them coming.