By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, what if the Wii dominates?

Dragon Quest IX is tentatively set for release sometime this year. Not that the DS needs another system seller anyway.

Around the Network

Kwaad said: lol. Beleive what you guys want. But looking at sales and such... when does it come out? I cant seem to find a release date. And also. I was looking at those pictues closeup. They look just like the old RPG PC games did back in about 92'. Except they ran at 640x480. iMO I think they'd be better off going to how they did FF1-6.
Here we go again Kwaad speaking about graphics. Well Dragon Quest has never been about graphics. The truth is that just Dragon Quest is probarbly one of the most conservative force when it comes to graphics and is one of the biggest seller in Japan anyway.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

OMG. I say it would play better if it looked WORSE... and you say I'm saying it's all about the graphics. No. I am saying I've played MANY games with that view type. I would rather play games with the FF6 style 2d tiles.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: No. I am saying I've played MANY games with that view type. I would rather play games with the FF6 style 2d tiles.
So would I. Thankfully, there's the DS and the VC for new titles along that line, and some of the games I missed by not owning a SNES or N64 (respectively.)

Kwaad said: OMG. I say it would play better if it looked WORSE... and you say I'm saying it's all about the graphics. No. I am saying I've played MANY games with that view type. I would rather play games with the FF6 style 2d tiles.
As we all here know games are not made for you... you just don't like it... did u liked Wii Sports? NO. Look how good it sells in Japan. You need to learn that other people with other tastes play games too, not only you.

Around the Network

robjoh said: Kwaad said: lol. Beleive what you guys want. But looking at sales and such... when does it come out? I cant seem to find a release date. And also. I was looking at those pictues closeup. They look just like the old RPG PC games did back in about 92'. Except they ran at 640x480. iMO I think they'd be better off going to how they did FF1-6. Here we go again Kwaad speaking about graphics. Well Dragon Quest has never been about graphics. The truth is that just Dragon Quest is probarbly one of the most conservative force when it comes to graphics and is one of the biggest seller in Japan anyway.
That is a funny statement because DQ8 is graphically stunning. Link for people http://arena.nikkeibp.co.jp/tokushu/gen/20070207/120802/index18.shtml (japanese) Sega's stance on the DS. This may also translate over to the Wii.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Kwaad, fyi DQ IX will sell over 5 million and become the biggest-selling DQ game in history

The thing I'm wondering about DQ9... Is if the early hype over the game created by the move to DS, combined with the lower price threshold to try the game, plus the bit of momentum the franchise was gaining on PS2, could cause DQ9 to be a sizable hit in the West...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.