By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, what if the Wii dominates?

Kwaad said: I think those of you that think it will sell more than 4 are smokeing something good.
What won't sell more than what?

Around the Network

I really don't think anyone should take Kwaad's predictions seriously, especially after he predicted AC would get over 8.5. And don't say "this was before I saw screens", because if you knew anything about this franchise than you would know 8.5 would be astonishing. DQ on DS will sell very, very well.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I say less than 1million day one. (where I dont know) and sales totaling out around 1.5-1.9million. Less than half that of DQ7.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: I say less than 1million day one. (where I dont know) and sales totaling out around 1.5-1.9million. Less than half that of DQ7.
Why not compare it to DQ8?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

DS is the hottest platform of all time in Japan, and it has the software sales to show for it. (Four games on it has sold 4 million and more, compared to 0 on the PS2.) There is absolutely no reason to assume DQIX sales will be worse than regular DQ sales.

Around the Network

http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Dragon+Quest+VIII&name2=Dragon+Quest+VII http://www.vgcharts.org/japcomp.php?name1=Dragon+Quest+VI&name2=Dragon+Quest+V There are (pretty much) 3 Million people who will (probably) buy Dragon Quest for the Nintendo DS ... if it is a poor selling DQ game they will have about 1 Million game sales in the first week, if it is a strong selling DQ game they will have about 2 Million game sales in the first week ... Being how (amazingly) popular the Nintendo DS is in Japan right now, I wouldn't be too surprised to see DQ performing very strongly ...

Omg, Kwaad. Arguing over the merits of Dragon Quest being a hardcore game or not. Omg. I think he's officially reached a new low. And he even used Dragon Quest Monster Jokers to make his point and compared it to Monster Hunter. (psst, Kwaad, Dragon Quest is Square Enix's[makers of Final Fantasy] most popular franchise in Japan. It's bigger than Final Fantasy. It can easily sell 2 million units in one week and more than half a million DS lites, provided Nintendo doesnt slack off and the supply for both DS lites and DS carts are there. If you thought Monster Hunter Portable 2's sales are awesome, prepare to be blown away sometime this year)

Well, also consider that the DS/Lite is definitely gonna pass the PS2's install base in Japan sometime this year. :) Some people on NeoGAF think the DS/Lite platform may sell about twice the amount of units as the PS2 did in japan, they're seriously talking almost 50 million. The population of Japan is around 115 or 130 million, btw. :) I just gotta make sure I get a DS Lite before Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 comes out. :D

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

FWIW, I have Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. Before anyone tries to spin it further out of proportion than it already has been, it's really just a Pokemon-style RPG where you level up a monster to fight. It does have 3D graphics, but it's not a mainstream Dragon Quest RPG. For comparison, it would be like calling Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles a Final Fantasy series RPG. I'm playing it primarily to improve my Japanese, along with the Japanese/English dictionary app I picked up at the same time for the DS over the new year.

lol. Beleive what you guys want. But looking at sales and such... when does it come out? I cant seem to find a release date. And also. I was looking at those pictues closeup. They look just like the old RPG PC games did back in about 92'. Except they ran at 640x480. iMO I think they'd be better off going to how they did FF1-6.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!