By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who will buy Microsoft's next console at launch?

i think MS will put a lot more work in there next xbox.
they will design it better then they did the 360.
i would buy one at launch

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

day n date of release i will own it :D

Day 1... with warranty obviously.
If none is offered then I will wait.
$50 or so for a Wal-Mart warranty will beat the hell out of paying $200+ in the long run to "replace" my console.

It's just that simple.

No, I'd wait a couple months and see what kind of failure rate I'm looking at.

I'll buy PS4 at launch.

The other reason I won't go ahead and buy Microsoft is because as always I'll buy the playstation product.

All it'll take is 1 really good game and hardware based backwards compatibiltiy to be a day 1 purchase.

Around the Network

I doubt it, but I will consider the next xbox if they make online play free.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I will buy the next xbox whenever it goes under $300 provided there are enough games to warrant the purchase.

At the very minimum I will wait 1 year before buying it to make sure there isn't another RROD catastrophe.

ameratsu said:

I doubt it, but I will consider the next xbox if they make online play free.

Dont be silly...with free online you either:

a) get what you pay for (wii)

b) have the company losing money and keep the price of the console high (ps3)

I generally won't buy the first iteration of a product such as the iPhone, Xbox 360, PSone, etc.  They almost alway have bugs or they are missing features that will be corrected in following versions such as 3g, HDMI, reliability etc.  I'd also wait for a price drop because the early adopters will always pay a premium for a new product. 

Maybe after a year or 2 the product will drop in price to about the $300-350 level then I will be more then happy to buy the Nextbox since we'll know that all the bugs have been ironed out and there will be a decent library of games.

I'm serious. If microsoft thinks I should pay money to play the games I paid for online, they won't get a sale from me. If you want to charge for all the great features xbox live is known for... cross game invites, multiple person voice chat, all that stuff, go for it. The base online play should be free. I am not exaggerating when I say I would own an xbox 360 instead of a ps3 if it weren't for paid online play, as that was one of the pivotal factors that pushed me away from buying an xbox 360. It's not the cost, it's the principle.

Online PC gaming (other than mmorpgs) have been free as long as I can remember. If no console maker can make a decent, profitable, online model without subscription fees for online play, there's a problem.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka