By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who will buy Microsoft's next console at launch?

Depends on cost and support but at least I'm open to the idea.

Around the Network
Lurker said:
Consoles suck at launch. They always have no games. I'd wait at least a year.

This - the software is seriously lacking for first year of any console on the market. Imho it's worth waiting for first price drop when there's plenty of games and hardware issues are solved (partialy or wholy).

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I bought the 360 16 months after its launch.

I'll buy the nextbox/720 within 16 days.

360 is now easily my 2nd fave console of all time.

Who buys a console without knowing what it'll have, and which games it'll have? :-/

Nextbox will came out with a killer app (halo 4, gears 3) and a CASUAL game bundled to feature the new Microsoft motion control. Mark my words.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

Considering the issues with the 360, I personally would look to wait at least a year, before considering buying any future console from Microsoft.  I would want to make sure anything RROD-like would not pop up.

Would anyone here buy Microsoft's next console at launch?  Or would you wait until you heard the hardware was reliable?  In the case of Nintendo, I would feel more confident about a launch purchase, but not Microsoft.  Anyone else?

They are in a strong possition now and I doubt the next console will be rushed in the same way.  There will always be problems and I imagine if they use another form of media there really will be  problems, but no more then one would expect from new media devices.  I'll be there at Walmart waiting to get my system on launch day.

One_touch_KO said:
Nextbox will came out with a killer app (halo 4, gears 3) and a CASUAL game bundled to feature the new Microsoft motion control. Mark my words.

Isn't it pretty much agreed here that there is no such thing as casual games? Everything is hardcore!

I could care less about Halo. The only way I would buy one, is if the NextBox had some awesome JRPG exclusives, that's about it.

I'm still working on getting a 360 for the JRPGs it has right now.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

Depends on the overall package. However I have been so pleased and amazed at my Xbox 360 that I think I would give it some serious consideration.

I would also Definately buy the Nintendo offering no matter what. Totally hooked on Zelda and Metroid just cant imagine life without them.

Would of course look at the Sony offering but they reckon it will still be the PS3 for next gen. Might pick up the Slimline version in 2012 for 100 Bucks so long as BluRay is still viable.

Depends on the launch titles. If has a few must have titles at launch and a few more within six months of its release, most likely. Not worried about the hardware, I doubt it will be a problem again. If Sony can churn out a reliable piece of hardware after the PS1 and PS2's problems. I think MS would be capable of the same with the next X-box.