By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who will buy Microsoft's next console at launch?

Well after Sony`s disaster this gen I would consider it, however I must say that I am impressed with the quality of my PS3 I do not regret my purchase at all. With all due respect I think it`s a much better build than the Xbox (breaking down etc), I just couldn`t be bothered with having to replace my system (potentially multiple times). So, I would wait at least 2 years before buying a next gen console to feel the ground each one is on. So maybe, but MS would have to at least match the build of the PS3 or I wouldn`t touch it with a barge pole.

Around the Network

I will probably wait a year, but not for fear of the hardware. X360 will continue to receive games worth playing, even after the Nextbox launch so I will give it a little time to work out any bugs that may crop up, plus build up a bigger software library. I absolutely will get it though, it's just a matter of when.

Yes first day if possible if not then first week. I just hope all next gen consoles are released within a mouth or more apart bcuz I'll buy them all like I alaways have.

Depends on what the launch titles are, and whether it's 100% backward comp....ala...Wii. If those 2 things are solid, i'll jump as soon as I can.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I will be buying it.

Around the Network

I will even wait in line! (Assuming I like the system controls etc)

Tease.

radha said:
BengaBenga said:
Probably not, unless it launches with a Resident Evil or Final Fantasy game.

I will buy any Nintendo console at launch though, but it's a given that some of my favorite series will be on there. Plus I never had a Nintendo system break on me. I can still play my NES.

you didnt have a nes then?? i had to flow on the cartrige everytime i wanted to play a game, some people put water and even alcohol to be able to play the games.

Really? I never had much trouble. Sometimes indeed you had to blow in the cartridge, but other than that it's been working for some 20 years (obviously without much playtime since SNES). My SNES also still works perfectly and that does still get quite some playtime, although with VC that's decreasing (SFII Turbo!!!).

In for 2

I'm not sure, I probably would if the concept is somewhat fresh and original.

I'm willing to bet on this one, though: MS next console won't have anything reminiscent in any way to a RING on their hardware.

I won't. Because of this generation I've vowed never to buy another console at launch unless the launch lineup is simply staggering, but I don't really see that happening.

But in Microsoft's case...add to the above the horrendous failure rate of the early 360's, and my chances of buying the next one at launch are pretty much..well...non-existant.