By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best video game villain!

Kefka is just pure evil he deserves the title "Best Villain".
Sephiroth comes second because he destroys a whole village if i remember correctly but his power is enhanced genetics so without them he would be a mediocre villain.

Werent the Light Warriors FFIII also know has Warriors of the Light.

And for the DQ Slimes to be Enix's mascot(or used to be mascot) they must be a good villain.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

Arthas.

The Arthas killing his father scene from warcraft 3 is godly.

The problem is he is the best video game villain ever but the coolest villain is actually someone else in the same game, Illidan.

Edit: Ganondorf? Why is he a great villain? He is pretty bland. Bowser is a better villain.

Well in TP when he was chained to the portal to the Twilight Realm.. I thought that made him look evil.. like twisted evil. Further deep into the game we see him as a sort of 'god' [again evil god] AND he died standing up... I mean really.. how more badass can that become?!

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

No one talked about DHAOS from Tales of Phantasia? He killed the one who broke his seal just because he was bored. He tried to destroy mankind several times. He ruined the past, present and future. He had a good reason, still he could have achieved it by just negotiating with the kings. I almost felt sorry for him when I delivered the final blow.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

#1: Bowser: Reason? He's one of the first villains in a video game that anyone truly cared about.  Mario Bros 3 cemented him as being one of the best game villains ever.  What with an arsenal of Air ships, goomba's and being the king of Koopa's and all.
#2 Mother Brain: Reason?  It's a brain, it's a mother and it's freaking evil!  Need I say more?  How about... The best boss fight ever in a game having been this lady right here at the end of Super Metroid.
#3 Kefka: Reason?  Anyone who played this game back on the SNES knows why...  THAT DAMN LAUGH!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Kefka, like so many other people.

Ganondorf a close second.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Kain....from Legacy of Kain. I know...he isn't quite the villain that Mobius is....but in the first game he was.

You can keep your pretty-boy JRPG villains. This is the real answer. In the first Blood Omen, Kain is a blood-sucking vampire who slaughters the innocent without mercy and ruthlessly tears a swath through all of Nosgoth to hunt the other members of the Chosen... all so he can doom the world to eternal decay. In later games, however, he becomes a deeper character, and his interactions with Raziel and Moebius oftentimes go beyond the role of simple villain. 

In short, he's one of the few video game villains I can think of who would also work well in a more literary medium (say, novels.) 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Fuzzmosis said:
Nah, Sephiroth had the world's stupidest storyline. Spoiler.

"Hi, I'm a regular human, child of a pansy ass doctor infact, infused with cells that many other people were infused with. Only, I should be dead. Really. Like, I dove into a radioactive pit. Oh, and there were others like me, but only I can destroy the world. And despite the fact I only got a few cells, much larger portions of that Alien I send at you are pathetic fighters in comparison. Go figure huh? Well, at least I'm pretty. So very pretty. And a big sword."

Thank you. You saved me the trouble. Sephiroth is one of the worst villians ever. Of course consider he is from FFVII which as atrociously bad story it isn't surprising. That whole game, including its villain, was about style over substance. Your post is now officially my favorite post in internet history. I will be sending you a friends request

Any my vote goes to Ghaleon from Lunar the Silver Star* He was one of Lunar's great four heroes. He is the bad guy but you can completely understand his point of view and why he does what he does. He defeats the other three of the heroes, enslaves the Goddess Althena, constructs a mobile near invincible castle, and nearly gets the games protagonist to give up. Why did Ghaleon do what he did, you'd have to play the Sega CD original to find out. He wasn't quite as cool of a villain in the remakes IMO.

*The original game, Ghaleon loses some of his luster in the Saturn/PS1/GBA remake of the original Lunar.

Kefka
"I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE YOU!"
"Welcome to my barbeque!"
"Wait,' he says... Do I look like a waiter?"
"I will hunt them down. I will destroy it all! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy!"

Kerrigan "You see at this point, I'm pretty much the Queen Bitch of the Universe, and not all of your little soldiers or space ships will stand in my way again."
"You seem overconfident of your abilities, dark one. I am no helpless Cerebrate to be assailed under cover of darkness. I am the Queen of Blades, and my stare alone would reduce you to ashes. You and your ilk cease to amuse me. Prepare yourself for oblivion's embrace." genius

Arthas

Terenas: Ah, my son...
Arthas: You no longer need to sacrifice for your people. You no longer need to bear the weight of your crown. I've taken care of everything.
Arthas approaches Terenas.
Terenas: What is this? What are you doing, my son?
Arthas: Suceeding you, Father.
Arthas impales Terenas; Terenas gasps.
Arthas: This kingdom shall fall, and from the ashes shall arise a new order, one that will shake the very foundations of the world.

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

IIn my opinion, the best villain in videogames is Copy X from Megaman Zero series. Why? Because he's unique in many ways. Original X fought for justice, and the copy was created to defend peace too. It was surprising for me that Capcom didn't tell us another story about Maverick Virus. Btw, the battle versus Copy X in MMZ3 is my favorite boss fight of all videogames.

True fighters don't wear socks.

You guys dont know what your talking about, my second option for best villain would be

zeus..why? He is a god dammit!!!

mM