By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Download times are horribly slow.

The 360 downloads much faster than the PS3 for me. I'm going to download the Star Wars: TFU demo for both and time them. I'll get back to ya!

Around the Network

I downloaded the skate demo over wifi and only took around 15min
Just saying

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Well if I want to download the Skate 2 demo it is gonna take days to do that. (PS3).

Uhm PSN here in Europe is incredible lame (downloading) !!!

I was shocked actually. I thought the 360 needs a long time, but downloading from PSN is even worse :(

PSN is insufferably slow for me. Have never had any such problems with Live.

Around the Network

At 11:20am (Eastern time) I have begun downloading Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for both The PS3 and Xbox 360. I hit the okay button for both at the same time. Both consoles are on the download percentage screens and both are using a wired connection.

The battle for download supremacy has begun!

Both the same for me. The limiting factor is my DSL connection. I guess some people can experience different speeds between the services, but this is most likely caused by their ISP/Router/Network connection. It is nice that the 360 installs at the same time. Sony, what's the point of downloading and then make the installation a manual process?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Both vary loads everytime. I think I was expecting too much from the 360 when people touted the downloading as being so quick, I honestly don't see that much difference in the two (apart that the PS3 is wifi and 360 is wired). Not having to install is nice though.

Xbox Live is always super fast for me (Sweden).

A 1GB demo takes rufly 15 minits (=max capacity of my broadband speed which is 10Mbit/sec).

Holy shit! The PS3 is winning 7% to 5%!!!