By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - BioWare presenting Mass Effect 2 at GDC

Improve the Have more than one sidequest, and make your teammates semi-useful in combat, and you'll have my money Bioware.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Improve the Have more than one sidequest, and make your teammates semi-useful in combat, and you'll have my money Bioware.

Have you even played mass effect? There are tons of sidequests, I havn't even gotten the completed achievement yet (for completing main quest + all side quests). Teammates were VERY useful in combat. The skill wheel allowing you to use your teammates skills made for some SWEET combo's. Like Lifting a enemy then using overload to turn them into a living grenade. Something very hard to do on your own. Yeah... Mass Effect 1 was amazing, 2 will be incredible.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

NightstrikerX said:
noname2200 said:

Have you even played mass effect? There are tons of sidequests, I havn't even gotten the completed achievement yet (for completing main quest + all side quests). Teammates were VERY useful in combat. The skill wheel allowing you to use your teammates skills made for some SWEET combo's. Like Lifting a enemy then using overload to turn them into a living grenade. Something very hard to do on your own. Yeah... Mass Effect 1 was amazing, 2 will be incredible.

weird, I'm pretty sure that the 5 sidequests I did were mostly the same, except for when I had to clear out some turrets before entering the same building with, SURPRISE, the same enemies! then I gave up and just did the main quest.

I will go back to it (the sidequests) though, as it was a pretty good shooter and I was a soldier, so it was EVEN more a shooter. I'll try to be a renegade, but usually I can't do evil stuff in games so let's see what happens haha

and Fallout 3 leaves ME sidequests in a worse situation. now that I mentioned Fallout 3, what is funny is that ME has nailed the "cinematic" feel perfectly, while I'd rather to have portraits and dialog boxes than Fallout 3 static NPC faces.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

NightstrikerX said:
noname2200 said:

PM-ing you so as not to derail.

salaminizer said:
NightstrikerX said:
noname2200 said:

weird, I'm pretty sure that the 5 sidequests I did were mostly the same, except for when I had to clear out some turrets before entering the same building with, SURPRISE, the same enemies! then I gave up and just did the main quest.

I will go back to it (the sidequests) though, as it was a pretty good shooter and I was a soldier, so it was EVEN more a shooter. I'll try to be a renegade, but usually I can't do evil stuff in games so let's see what happens haha

and Fallout 3 leaves ME sidequests in a worse situation. now that I mentioned Fallout 3, what is funny is that ME has nailed the "cinematic" feel perfectly, while I'd rather to have portraits and dialog boxes than Fallout 3 static NPC faces.

I suppose you do got me there. Same Enemies, Same Locations, Different Story. So, how about we agree to disagree? It does seem although that would be a bit of a place for improvement now that I think about it.

Around the Network

Sidequest need improving, the controls for the rover thing, the inventory, the pop-in textures (although we now have the option of downloading to HDD!!).. if all those issues are resolved, then they can just keep the same gamplay and give me a new storyline and it would still be a day one purchase for me!!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Good news to me, i didn't want to wait another year to play ME2.On a side note, i got my account suspended on XBLA and had to make a new one.I'm annoyed about it because i lost all my progress in ME1 and have to replay it again in order to transfer anything useful to the sequel. :(

gebx said:
Sidequest need improving, the controls for the rover thing, the inventory, the pop-in textures (although we now have the option of downloading to HDD!!).. if all those issues are resolved, then they can just keep the same gamplay and give me a new storyline and it would still be a day one purchase for me!!

The vehicle sections were much, much better on the PC version: if they adopt something similar for the 360, you won't have to worry about that anymore. Although I do hope that they work on the physics a bit more: driving that thing over rough terrain was fun, but you'd sometimes do cartwheels if there was a pothole in the ground.

How did they improve the vehicle sections in the PC version? I thought the xbox version's were fine as is. Bouncing around in low-G enviroments never gets old. Although it was annoying when you damaged the vehicle doing so.

Ari_Gold said:
mrstickball said:
DMeisterJ said:
Plz come to the Triple.

Oblivion and Fallout did, why not you Sheperd?

Why do you want it to come to the PS3? You own a X360. You should be happy that you get to play one of the best WRPGs ever made, when it comes out, if you want to.

OWNED

How is that a "OWNED"?